Why has Disney Plus stopped working with a lot of VPNs? The reason for this is straightforward, Disney Plus has started blocking VPNs. In the past, VPNs were able to easily unblock Disney Plus, however, lately, they all have stopped working. VPNs like Avast Secureline VPN are now completely blocked by streaming websites like Disney Plus and Netflix.
Disney Plus is the most popular online streaming platform after YouTube & Netflix. Disney Plus has more than 170+ million subscribers from all across the globe. It holds shows like Doug, DuckTales, Agent Carter, The Mandalorian, Mickey Mouse, Star Wars, and more.
The reason why you are here is that you use a VPN to access Disney Plus’s top-of-the-line content which is otherwise not available in your country. Disney Plus is geo-restricted in several parts of the world as per the licensing agreement policies. To access Disney Plus and watch it from anywhere in the world, you need a reliable VPN service to access it.
Best VPN for Disney Plus
Even though there are several VPNs in the market that work effectively in unblocking region-locked content like websites or e-commerce platforms, however, they might not be successful in unblocking streaming sites.
Here are some of the best Disney Plus VPNs which you can use to unblock it from anywhere in the world.
What is the easiest solution if Disney plus VPN is not working?
In case where your Disney plus VPN is not working, you can start by performing some straightforward troubleshooting solutions to resolve the issue. In most scenarios, Disney plus may stop working with your VPN because of:
- Your internet connection is not strong.
- You may be a victim to ISP throttling (internet speed issues as VPNs can slow down you internet speed).
- Disney plus App may have some updates.
- Issues with web players on Chrome & Firefox.
- Disney plus servers maybe broken or there might be a bug that needs patching.
Follow the below lined up steps to execute basic troubleshooting solutions. Maybe they can help you fix your Disney plus VPN:
- Firstly, perform a clean restart on the device on which you usually watch Disney plus.
- Go to your internet device and restart it. (modem or router)
- Try reconnecting your internet device to your device by using a wire instead of a Wi-Fi.
- Clear cache of your Disney plus and reinstall it on your device by uninstalling it first.
- Move your router (change its location), and place it near to your device with Disney plus installed on it.
- Update your Disney plus app by going to the store from where you downloaded it.
- Check for updates of the device of your choosing.
If the problem still persists, you can apply the following fixes we have lined up for you. Even if you get a Disney plus error code, you can resolve the issue by getting to the root of the problem.
3 Major Fixes for Disney plus Not Working Issues
The three major issues which a Disney plus user may encounter are:
- Disney Plus ‘Unable to Connect’ Error
- “Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your region” Issue
- Disney+ Streaming Issues
Disney Plus ‘Unable to Connect’ Error
The most common error faced by Disney plus streamers is ‘Unable to Connect.’ The error arises when there is a load of traffic on Disney plus’s servers and that massive traffic prevents the servers from working properly. Thus, your Disney+ crashes and presents you with an error of ‘Unable to Connect.’
You might have experienced that error in the evenings of weekends, and once the weekend passes, the error goes away. It’s because when the traffic hours pass or the load of traffic decreases, the issue is resolved.
Also, sometimes the error goes away when the developer team at Disney plus enhances the server capacity. Other than waiting for the rush hour to pass (as a temporary solution), you can apply the following solution:
- Log-out from your account and close the open site window.
- Now, re-open your Disney plus app and log back in.
Hopefully, this will resolve the ‘Unable to Connect’ error. If not, move on to the next solution.
“Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your region” Issue
Getting the error of ‘Sorry, Disney+ is not available in your region’ is a major issue. Since, Disney plus is geo-restricted and is only available in selected regions of the world, getting this error means that your region is not one of them.
According to recent news and press releases, Disney plus is available in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada, India, Germany, New Zealand, and more. Soon, they will make Disney plus available in countries like Hong Kong, Singapore, Europe, and Thailand.
However, a streamer head cannot wait that long and needs it available right away. The only solution to get over this error is to use a reliable VPN service for unblocking Disney plus in your region.
A VPN generally encrypts your internet traffic and masks your IP address to make you completely anonymous over the internet. The tech of VPN changes your geo-location and make it seems to the servers of Disney plus that you are somewhere located in an area where their service is up and running. You can set your location to USA or UK, and start your Disney plus journey from there.
The best VPNs for Disney plus are PureVPN, ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and Surfshark VPN. All of these VPNs are feature-rich VPNs, and you can use them to enjoy a seamless streaming experience.
Disney+ Streaming Issues
Streaming issues may arise when you are on Netflix, YouTube, or Disney Plus. The issues mostly preside because of flawed internet connection or a field of network errors. If you go on to look at the requirements set by Disney plus to stream movies/TV shows online, you’ll see that they have mentioned the following criteria:
- 5Mbps speed for streaming of HD (High Definition) content.
- 25Mbps speed for streaming 4K UHD (Ultra High Definition) content.
Connectivity issues are addressed via error codes below:
- Error Code 24
- Error Code 29
- Error Code 42
- Error Code 43
- Error Code 76
If you don’t receive error codes, you’ll receive the following message stating:
“We’re sorry, but we cannot play the video you requested. Please try again. If the problem persists, visit the Disney+ Help Center (Error Code xx).”
The codes mentioned above are directed towards the speed of your internet and its connectivity. You can resolve these errors via the below-mentioned methods:
- Firstly, go and find out the average speed of your internet connection and see if it meets the criteria of streaming Disney plus content. If your speed is slow/low, upgrade to a much faster package. However, if you already have a good speedy internet, then you may be a victim of ISP throttling. Contact your internet service provider and ask them to resolve your issue, otherwise use a VPN to beat ISP throttling.
- See what other devices are connected to your internet connection. Disable the devices using a lot of bandwidth temporarily to resolve streaming issues.
- Instead of connecting your device to a Wi-Fi connection, use an Ethernet cable as an alternative.
- Change the location of your router/modem, or move your device near to it.
- Shut down your router for a few minutes and then restart it.
If the problem is not resolved after performing all of the above-mentioned steps, you can contact the official Disney plus help center for customer support.
Disney Plus Error Codes: Solution
our smooth experience on Disney plus may get distorted by various errors. These errors may identify your internet connectivity issues, software & hardware problems, issues with your account & device, payment issues, traffic overload, etc.
The error codes on Disney plus are specified by numbers e.g. Disney plus error 83, 72, 39, 25, 38, 86, etc. Some users who have encountered errors like these got rid of the errors simply by refreshing their web pages or reselecting the movie they were trying to watch. Also, a simple log out and log in can help in getting rid of error like these.
Disney plus Error Code 39
The Disney plus error code 39 is a ‘rights management code error’. Whenever you get this error, this means that the streaming setup which you have do not align with the requirements of providing Disney plus with a secure internet connection.
The error code 39 mostly appeared to users who use Xbox One as their primary streaming device for Disney plus, however it may appear on other streaming devices as well.
Another reason why this error may arise is because your HDMI cable may be faulty or there is an issue with your streaming device making it difficult for Disney plus to make a connection with your device.
Here’s how you can fix it:
- The very first solution which you should implement is reloading your web page. If the error goes away, this means that it was a one-time error.
- Change your HDMI port. Connect to all the HDMI ports one by one, if one of the ports makes the error go away, keep on using that port. If the error persists, try to change your HDMI cable.
- Restart your streaming device and also reinstall your Disney plus on it by uninstalling it first.
- Use a different streaming device to check whether it’s a hardware issue or a software issue.
- Try factory resetting your streaming device.
Disney plus Error Code 83
The Disney plus error code 83 occurs mainly due to device compatibility issues. It also points towards the problems like network connectivity or a server problem. You might think that Disney plus is an online application and serves the society via its servers, then how can it face compatibility issues?
Disney plus is not compatible with all types of devices, so before you make a subscription to any of the Disney plus plans, firstly verify whether your devices are compatible with Disney plus or not.
Moreover, Disney Plus performs a DRM check on their users and if they pass the test, the errors mostly disappear. DRM or Digital Rights Management Check is a scheme that controls access to copyrighted material via technological means. It can refer to proprietary software, type of content, videos, music, eBooks, emails, documents, DVD movies, and more. It is generally related to copyright protection.
Following is the list of devices Disney plus is generally compatible with:
- Almost all the web browsers (especially Chrome and Firefox).
- Smart TVs where Disney plus comes pre-installed or at least gives you the option of download:
- Samsing Tizen Smart TVs
- Android TV Devices
- LG WebOS Smart TVs
- Mobiles & Tablets where you get the option of downloading Disney plus application.
- Apple’s iPhone and iPad
- Amazon Fire Tablet
- Android (top-of-the-line devices, search online for your chosen android device to be compatible with Disney plus or not)
- Streaming devices where you have the liberty to download free Disney plus application:
- Boxes & Gaming Consoles where you can download the Disney plus app:
- Xbox One
- Apple TV (models above 4th generation)
Error Codes on Disney+ | Additional
Additional Disney+ errors which a user may encounter are as follows:
|Error 4||The error is related to payment issues like your card information might have expired or cannot be renewed. You payment card might not be of the same region as you are located in. (Use a reliable VPN to resolve this issue)*|
|Error 9||he error is related to Login or payment issues.|
|Error 11||The error is related to when your selected content is not available in your region. (The error can come up when your VPN is not working fine)*|
|Error 13||The error is related to when you reach your device limit.|
|Error 22,35,36||The error is related to when you try to access region-locked content. (The error can come up when your VPN is not working fine)*|
|Error 25||The error is related to an internal issue. Try to refresh your web page, re-login, or simply contact Disney plus Help Center to get issue resolved.|
|Error 30||The error is related to device registration.|
|Error 31||The error is related to your location/region. (The error can come up when your VPN is not working fine)*|
|Error 32, 87||The error is related to login issues. The error can be cleared by revising your billing details or you can simply reset your password.|
|Error 38||The error is related to your time settings. Go and set your time settings to automatic.|
|Error 41||The error is related to traffic load. When the traffic in your region is overloaded, this error can arise.|
|Error 76||The error is related to server overloading.|
|Error 86||The error is related to when your account is blocked by Disney plus especially when the terms of services are breached by the user.|
*use a reliable VPN like PureVPN or ExpressVPN to overcome the issues with VPN reliability. Several VPNs are now getting blocked by Disney Plus so your already subscribed VPN service can malfunction.
Disney plus is blocking VPN services and it is becoming difficult for majority of the VPN companies to access/unblock Disney plus. Your VPN might not work with Disney plus anymore as it might be blocked by the company. So, use a reliable VPN service for Disney Plus needs.
When you use a VPN, you are simply accessing region-locked content, so it is not illegal to use a VPN for Disney plus. The illegal part is of content theft.
If you are using a VPN which is not reliable, Disney plus will block that VPN entirely as it has VPN blocking technologies and algorithms set in place to detect and block VPNs. However, if you are using top-of-the-line VPN services like PureVPN, ExpressVPN, NordVPN, or Surfshark VPN, you can easily avoid getting detected by Disney plus.
The best VPN for Disney plus are ExpressVPN, PureVPN, NordVPN, and Surfshark.
A VPN is supposed to unblock geo-restricted content and help their clients experience complete internet freedom, however, majority of the VPNs in the market are full of scams and false claims. So, you need to be aware of the fact whether the VPN of your choice is compatible with Disney plus or not.