PureVPN is one of the leading virtual private networks that provide an affordable price and strong encryption. It works perfectly on the Roku device even though Roku does not have a dedicated PureVPN application on its app store. PureVPN has more than 6500 servers and availability in around 140 countries.
Roku has recently reached 29 million customers. This shows how popular this streaming box is among people who need to cut the cords, ditch TV cables, and move onto streaming-based services. Unfortunately, some best channels and streaming applications on Roku are geo-restricted to the United States. Unless you have a US-based IP, you would not be able to access these. In this blog, TechNinjaPro will discuss how to set up PureVPN on Roku and gain access to all channels worldwide.
Best VPN for Roku
PureVPN is definitely one of the best virtual private networks for Roku. However, several other VPN services are also offering access to geo-restricted channels. Some of the best VPN services for Roku are:
Does PureVPN work with Roku?
Yes, PureVPN works perfectly on Roku. But you cannot install PureVPN’s apps directly on your Roku device. To use PureVPN with Roku, you will need to install PureVPN directly onto your router or create a virtual wifi hotspot running PureVPN from your Windows or Mac system.
How to Setup PureVPN on Roku in 2021?
Setting up virtual private network services on Roku is a bit tricky. Roku does not have built-in support for virtual private networks, so you cannot directly install an app from a store like you are probably adapted to doing. With the help of a physical or virtual router, you can use PureVPN with your Roku devices. Let’s get started:
Setting up PureVPN app on Roku via Physical Router
Roku device can be connected via a VPN-enabled physical router rather than using your system as a virtual one. This will help you to unblock streaming channels on Roku by connecting to your wifi router. However, you will need to follow the steps mentioned below:
First, you need to configure PureVPN on a router which is another whole process in itself. Once you do that, follow the steps below:
- Create your PureVPN account.
- Once subscribed, you have to configure the PureVPN app on a router.
- Open Roku Home and go to Settings and Click on the Network. Then click on setup connection.
- Click a Wireless.
- Click on the wifi connection.
- Enter password.
- Once connected, you can stream anything over Roku.
Setting up PureVPN on Roku via Virtual Router
You can install the PureVPN on Mac or PC and share a connection from your system to Roku. This technique will only take 3 minutes and is easy to execute.
Virtual Router on Windows
To offer a virtual hotspot connection from your windows system to your Roku device, follow the steps mentioned below to complete the process:
- Subscribe to PureVPN.
- Download and install PureVPN on your Windows system.
- In the taskbar, tick on the internet connection and open Network & Internet Settings.
- Find the mobile hotspot on the left-hand menu and toggle on the share my internet connection with other devices button.
- On the same left-hand menu, tick Status and open Change adapter options.
- Right-click on PureVPN Tap Adapter and Click properties.
- Check on the box next to Allow other network users to connect through the system’s internet connection within the sharing tab.
- In the drop-down menu, select the connection you created and press OK.
- Now launch the PureVPN application and connect to a US-based server.
- Now, configure your Roku device to the US region if you have not already.
- Connect PureVPN to a US-based server and open the official website of Roku on your system
- Set country to the US when asked to select a country.
- Enter a US-based ZIP code.
- Reset your Roku by holding the reset button for 15 seconds.
- Choose Settings and Click Network when your Roku starts up again.
- Select set up a connection and click Wireless.
- Select PureVPN from the list of available wifi options.
- Enter your wifi password and connect.
Virtual Router on Mac
To offer a virtual hotspot connection from your windows system to your Roku, follow the steps mentioned below to complete the process:
- Tick on the Apple logo and then System preferences and open Network.
- Choose interface as VPN and service name as Roku.
- Enter your PureVPN server address.
- Click on Authentication Settings and enter your PureVPN credentials and Click OK.
- Tick on Advanced > Send all internet traffic over VPN connection and Click Ok and then Apply.
- Tick on Connect.
- Click on the logo and open System Preferences > Sharing > Internet Sharing > wifi.
- Now adjust the Mac settings as mentioned below:
- Network Name: Type the Network name.
- Channel: Leave it as default.
- Security: Choose WPA2 Personal
- Password: Create a password
- Verify: Re-enter the Password
- Click on OK to finish
How PureVPN Unblocks Channels on Roku in 2021?
Licensing agreements stop Roku from providing the same services throughout the world. The device automatically detects the region you are in from your IP. All addresses outside the US are denied access to US-only geo-limited services.
This is undue since everyone pays the same for Roku. But Licensing agreements must be pleased for any streaming platform, and Roku is no different. PureVPN efficiently bypasses these geo-restrictions by providing you with a temporary US IP address for the duration of your VPN connection. Follow the steps to unblock these channels:
- Subscribe to PureVPN and Set up the PureVPN on Roku.
- Open Roku Home.
- Install Netflix or any other streaming service.
- Enter your username and password.
Why use PureVPN on Roku in 2021?
PureVPN is one of the best virtual private networks for Roku in the market. Some of the perks that it provides for Roku users include:
- Unblocking Netflix: With more than 6500 servers, you can access different Netflix libraries from the United States, Canada, Australia, and the UK with a single click.
- Fast streaming: Since PureVPN is secured, you can enjoy endless streaming on your Roku without any buffering issues.
- Download torrents safely: With PureVPN’s optimized P2P servers, torrenting is a natural breeze.
This way, if you ever experience any problems with your VPN client, you can contact their live chat support team.
Frequently Asked Question
Yes, you can use PureVPN on Roku. You will not install its application directly, but with the help of a physical or virtual router, you will be able to offer a VPN connection to your Roku device.
Here are the steps to use PureVPN for Roku:
- From your Roku, go to Settings > Network > Setup connection.
- Tick on Wireless.
- Tick on your wifi connection.
- Enter your credentials.
- Once connected, you will notice the status change to Connected.
To install PureVPN on Roku, you will need to install PureVPN on your physical router. You can also create a virtual wifi connection using your Windows or Mac systems. Once you get everything set up, connect your Roku device to the new connection, and you will be good to go.
Setting up PureVPN on Roku is not a piece of cake, but it is achievable. For users addicted to binge-watching, Roku unlocked via PureVPN will make this addiction a lot worse.