How to Create Your Own Web Browser?
Are you sceptical about your web browser that what type of data it collects from you? Let’s build our Browser and get every detail of everything that we share with the world with our Browser. The best part is that you are going to design that according to your taste. Excited?
But, Hey, Chill. You don’t have to be a programmer for that. Of course, you have to deal with the code in the process, but that will be your very little interaction with the code, and this guide will help you out for that. We will use Visual Studio for building our own Web browser.
As mentioned above, you need Visual Studio. Just install in your computer, and you are good to go.
But keep in mind that you have to install the Community version of visual studio. Once you have installed the package, you are all set to create your web browser.
The newer version of Visual studio installer asks you about the components that you want to install. Under the Windows tab, select the first option that is .Net desktop development and wait for it.
Once the needed package is installed, it’s time to start building our new web browser.
Procedure to Create Your Browser Application
- Create a New Project
- Editing Properties
- Parent Container
- Creating Browser Menu
- Additional Features
- Save the Project & Run it.
1. Create a New Project
- First of all, go for a new project, click on the Create New project.
- and select Windows Form Apps.
- A new window will open with the headline “Configure your new Project.”
- Just give a name to your Browser like I named my browser “Ninja Browser”.
- Now, wait for a while for the visual studio engine to create Ninja Browser interference for you to start building your web browser.
- Now you will see a blank panel read to be crafted by you.
- Click on the ToolBox, you can find that in the sidebar and then click on All windows forms as shown in the picture below.
- In the drop-down menu, scroll down and look for Web Browser and double click on that.
2. Editing Properties
Here you have to put some creativity and set some commands to your new Browser. Here is what you can do while editing in the properties.
- Margins and sizes of browser windows.
- Enable or disable scroll bars. Just double click the scroll property to make it false, if you don’t want to scroll in your new Browser. (No one will use your non-scrolling browser bud).
- Manage the layout of your new Browser.
3. Parent Container
This is a little bit tricky to be found. But this is an important thing that you have to do.
- Near the close Button of the inner window, you can see a small arrow, click that, and you can see an option.
- Now click on Undock in Patent Container.
- By undocking, you can resize the windows of your new Browser. Set the size and save your application.
4. Creating Browser Menu
It is simple; as you know, the Browser has an uncomplicated menu with very few items. You have to add the items from ToolBox. Follow the steps to add items in your Browser’s menu.
- Click on the ToolBox, you better know where it is as we used it to define our projects as a Web Browser.
- Now search for Button in the ToolBox. Click on that, drag and drop in your Browser’s window.
- You can add as many buttons as you want, but keep in mind that for what purpose you are going to use those buttons.
- Your Browser is missing something, Where to put the URL man? Let’s add a text box for that. You can find the Text box in the Toolbox. Drag and drop to the area where you want to put the search bar.
- You can change the properties of the buttons, like color, size, margin, etc.
- It’s time to name the buttons and assign them their functions, like back, forward, and refresh.
- Click on the buttons one by one and in the sidebar rename the buttons.
- Give some attention to this part as we are going to put some code in our Browser.
- Double Click on the Back Button, and place WebBrowser1.GoBack() as shown in the image below.
- Now click on the Forward Button and put WebBrowser1.GoForward() as shown in the image below.
- Now click on the Refresh Button and put WebBrowser1.Refresh() as shown in the image below.
- Leave the text box, and you don’t have to put code in the text box.
- Now click on the Explore Button and put WebBrowser1.Navigate(TextBox1.Text), which means to go for the URL pasted in the text box. It looks like this
Your Browser with the menu is ready to use.
5. Additional FeaturesYou can add some additional features like a horizontal bar, colors and feel — background color and transitions while browsing. To add the additional features, click on Tool Box and add the objects. Spend some time playing with the Visual studio, and you will end up making a very fancy and very private browser of your own.
6. Save the Project & Run it
Press Ctrl+S to save the Browser project and now it’s time to check this and debug if there is an error in the Browser.
- Click on the Start button with a green play button to run the Browser within the Visual Studio.
- Now put the URL in the text box and hit Explore.
- Yippee, here we go, your first Browser is ready you create that.
- Now save the project as .csproj so you can later use it as a browser.
- You can change the icon of the saved project in the Windows personalization settings.
If you want to use a very own and private Browser of your own, you can create it in just 5 minutes. Using a trendy visual studio, you can make a simple browser and can modify that according to your taste. Do you like this quick tutorial? Tell us in the comments. Don’t forget to subscribe to your Newsletter.
How to Create Google Drawings?
Do you remember the days when you do drawings on the paint app in Windows? It was fun. Right? Well, paint is pretty old school now. In this era, we have many drawing tools available for windows, and not only for fun, but we can also do a lot of office and assignment work using those tools. Google drawing is one of the simplest and smoothest online web-based tools that you can use for drawing different shapes, flow charts, and basic diagrams. You can also add text and images.
Google drawings is a fundamental tool and don’t expect to get your building designed by this tool. We can say it is the simplest version of Windows Visio. But you are not here to learn the advanced drawings, right? Let’s have a look at the procedure use the Google Drawings. In this article, we will look into the following:
- Google Drawing Basics
- How to Create Google Drawings
- A Simple Drawing Using Google Drawings
- How to Use Diagrams in Google Drawings
1. Google Drawing Basics
First of all, you have to log in to your Google account. It is better to turn on the browser synchronization using your Google account; in this way, your drawings will get automatically saved in your Google drive.
- Go to Google drawings. A new drawing page will open.
- You can also access the Google drawings from Google drive or Google docs. This is how you can access the Google drawings from Google Drive or Google Docs.
- Click on the top right File button, click on New and then click on Drawings as shown in the screenshot below.
- You can also open the existing Google drawing from the google drive anytime.
- There is no Mobile app for Google drawings available right now, but you can see your drawings in the Google Doc app, but you can’t edit them. You can share, or print your Google drawings from your Android or iOS device.
2. How to Create Google Drawings
As mentioned earlier, you can draw the basic drawings using drawing Google. Here are the tools you can use to draw google drawings.
- Line Tools: The first tool you will see in the Google drawings is the line tool. Use this tool to draw different shapes, curves and icons. You have to select the desired line tool shape and drag that on the canvas to illustrate that. You will learn with time.
- Shapes: The next tool you will see is the shapes tool. When you click on the shape, you will see several options like shapes, arrows, callouts, and equations. You can hover on the desired options to get the shapes. Click on the shape you want to draw and drag the mouse to change the size of that shape.
- Text Box: on the next to shape tools, you can see the text box button. Click on that and then click on the place on the canvas where you want to add the text.
- Images: You can also add custom images in Google drawings and then you can use them with drawings by Google. You can pick pictures from Google, drive, computer and even by the camera.
3. A Simple Drawing Using Google Drawings
We used three tools in the above diagram. First of all, we used the shape tool to draw the rectangular shapes and then text tools to add text in them. We used the lines tools to connect the shapes to give it a shape of flow chart.
4. How to Use Diagrams in Google Drawings
Diagrams are really useful in expressing your ideas and delivering your message. Most of the time, we use whiteboards to draw diagrams and represent the idea. Don’t you think that it is pretty old school method? In this digital world, you can use computers and software to do such a task. And Google drawing gives you this opportunity without being an expert in graphic designing. Here is a simple method to use diagrams in Google drawings.
- Open Google Drawings: You can open Google drawings using Google Drive or Google docs on the web.
- Select the Diagram: To select the diagram from the collections of the diagrams in Google drawings, click on Insert on the top left corner of the web page. Now on the menu, you will see the Diagrams option.
A new menu will open on the right of the page with all the available diagram types.
Now select one of the diagram types.
Now you will see options for selecting the size of the diagram and color for the diagram. Select the required one.
After selecting the desired number of sets for your diagram and color, you can start to write in the boxes to make the diagram. Diagram will be auto-saved in the Google drive. However, you can get it too in Pdf, jpg, png, and other formats. To get, click on the File button and then get the file.
Now it’s your turn to show your creativity. Open the Google draw and then start drawing the diagrams and drawings for your office or academical needs. If you have any questions about this tutorial, you can ask in the comments section.