According to vpnMentor, one out of four people is using a VPN on a global scale. The market of Virtual Private Network or VPN for short is capturing the market by storm, and there is no stopping to it. The world is becoming more and more internet-friendly with the increasing risk of having your data breached, stolen, or tracked.
The use of VPNs is not only limited to individual users; companies and businesses from all around the world are using VPNs to protect their data, sensitive information, and their general information from possible hackers and government tracking agencies.
Several VPNs (we are talking about only the best VPNs) have placed a considerable dent in the market and became giants of the VPN industry like Surfshark VPN, ExpressVPN, and AtlasVPN (new entry). Out of these top dogs in the VPN industry, NordVPN and ExpressVPN are the most marketed VPNs in general (and that’s for a good reason).
You see, the primary reason why people use a VPN is to unblock geo-restricted content and watch videos on their favorite streaming sites. NordVPN accomplished in supplying this considerable demand and is now leading the VPN industry with an iron hammer. It started in 2012 and has 12 million users to this date.
- NordVPN Short Review
- NordVPN Chrome Extension
- How to Setup NordVPN Chrome Extension & Use it? Step-By-Step Guide
- NordVPN – Top Features
NordVPN Short Review
What has made NordVPN one of the best VPN service providers, and why is it ruling the VPN industry? Well, to start with, NordVPN’s jurisdiction lies in Panama.
As we all know, Panama has stringent internet privacy laws where even the government is not allowed to track the activities of its citizens regarding what they do online.
The Panamanian Data Privacy Laws state:
“The law requires all those companies who are processors of data to obtain consent from their subjects prior to processing their data. Also, the purpose of collection of data must be defined, and the collectors of data must ensure the govert. that they’ll take actions to keep that data secure”.
So, any company established in the territory of Panama has to follow those rules & regulations. This means that NordVPN is already sheltered by the Panamanian Laws on Internet Security and Privacy, and so is everybody else who is a subscriber of NordVPN. That’s why NordVPN delivers ultimate internet privacy.
Moreover, NordVPN follows a strict no-logging policy where they do not collect any data from its subscribers. How can this help? For instance, a third party comes and demands NordVPN to sell the data of its customers and clients. As per NordVPN’s zero-logging policy, there is no data collected, to begin with, so what can they sell or share? Isn’t this brilliant?
One thing that NordVPN should improve is its multiple connections feature. To this date, they only allow six simultaneous connections at one given time, whereas its competitors like Surfshark VPN and Atlas VPN allow unlimited simultaneous connections.
NordVPN Chrome Extension
Chrome is the most used browser in the world. According to Backlinko, almost 2.65 Billion people in the world use Chrome as their primary browser. So, instinctively, if a person (who uses Chrome) wants to use a VPN, then that person would also wish their Chrome browser to be protected.
To make this happen, NordVPN has addressed that query by launching a NordVPN Chrome Extension which the users can incorporate in their Chrome.
The NordVPN’s Browser Extension will deliver internet freedom at lightning speeds, and there is no limit of data set by NordVPN on their VPN service, i.e., you’ll be getting an unlimited data bandwidth. Also, the NordVPN Chrome Extension is integrated with their huge server collection in more than 59 countries of the world on five continents. So, the worry of getting disconnected and lost connections is no more.
The features of the NordVPN Chrome Extension are discussed later on in the article. But, let us guide you in setting up the NordVPN Chrome Extension on your Chrome Browser.
How to Setup NordVPN Chrome Extension & Use it? Step-By-Step Guide
Follow the below-mentioned steps one by one:
- The first thing comes first. Go to NordVPN’s official site (you can visit here), and click on the Grab the Deal Then Sign-Up to create an account, or if you already have an account on NordVPN, you can simply Sign-In.
- Once you are signed in on NordVPN, locate the VPN Apps icon on the upper right corner of NordVPN’s WebPage.
- Scroll down. You’ll see the option “Download VPN for all Device.”
- You’ll see the Chrome button there. Click on the “Download VPN for all Devices” button, and you’ll be redirected to the Chrome Webstore.
- Click on the button “Add to Chrome.”
- You will be asked to confirm the installation. There, select “Add Extension.”
- This action will lead to the installation and addition of the NordVPN Chrome Extension on your Chrome.
- The NordVPN Chrome icon will appear in the Upper Right Corner of your Chrome Window (right next to the address bar).
- If you are already logged in on NordVPN, then the little NordVPN icon will be Blue. If you are not signed in, then the button will turn grey. Act accordingly, and sign in.
- Once you are fully signed in, you’ll get two options:
- Choose Location
- Auto Connect
- You can utilize the Choose Location option from the NordVPN Chrome Extension and choose the location you want to access. NordVPN will confirm your choice, and that’s it; your NordVPN Chrome Extension is set. You can Connect or Disconnect at any given time if you choose to do so.
- Other than that, you can also choose the Auto-Connect option, where you will be automatically assigned a server best suited for your VPN privacy needs.
- You can Disconnect at any given time by clicking on the Disconnect icon on your chrome extension.
Note: Turn ‘ON’ the Automatic Kill Switch option and DNS Kill Switch for the ultimate privacy experience of the NordVPN Chrome Extension.
NordVPN – Top Features
NordVPN is not less than a blessing for people like us who want an affordable but top-of-the-line VPN, where there is no compromise on the quality of it all.
Anyone familiar with the Tor Network scenario knows that there is nothing as anonymous as a Tor Network. The Tor Network’s primary purpose is to make tracking and tracing almost impossible for anyone who is looking for phishing or trying to access your browsing data. NordVPN is one of those rare VPNs that come integrated with this kind of technology.
Have you heard about the multihop connection? NordVPN calls this kind of VPN “Double VPN.” How does this feature of NordVPN works? Double VPN works in such a way that it routes a user’s connection via two servers simultaneously. So, if any one of the server’s connections drops, the other server will take care of your privacy and security needs. In other words, you will be protected by Double VPN.
The Split Tunneling feature offered by NordVPN gives you the liberty to allow and disallow various apps via the VPN. For instance, you don’t want your gaming application to go through the servers of a VPN, so what you can do is, you can allow that particular gaming application to not run on VPN servers while you are online.
Static IP Address
One of the downsides of using a VPN is that the IP address you are accessing a particular content while using a VPN can get blocked. Several other people are also given the same IP address, and the website (getting accessed) considers it spam, so it blocks it. NordVPN delivers a static IP address for its users, which they can use to access the same website repeatedly, like Netflix, Disney Plus, or similar websites.
NordVPN launched somewhere seven to eight years ago. It has been a remarkable journey for NordVPN, and we all have seen it grow and reach the top. The amount of users it has is simply incredible, and once you try it, you can understand why it is one of the best value for money VPNs.
The NordVPN Chrome Extension is reliable, safe to use, and delivers complete anonymity. You can try it for yourself and see if it’s worth it.
Frequently Asked Questions
NordVPN works perfectly fine with Google Chrome. You can download the NordVPN Chrome Extension from their official site or go directly to the Chrome Webstore to Add NordVPN Extension to Chrome. This will add your NordVPN’s browser extension automatically. You need to Sign-in to your NordVPN account, and once it is done, your Chrome Browser will be protected.
You can easily set a VPN on your Chrome by:
- Go to Network Settings and click on VPN there. Click on the Add a VPN connection.
- Enter the required information in the form that will pop up.
- Check the box “Remember my Sign-in info.”
- Click on Save.
- Lastly, click the Connect button after selecting the newly created VPN connection from the list.
Here’s a more detailed article for you on How to set up a VPN & Use it?
- Surfshark VPN
- Private Internet Access
- Hotspot Shield
Chrome does not have a built-in VPN, and the already privacy features in Chrome Browser itself are not enough for your protection. That’s why several cybersecurity recommends using a VPN extension of Chrome for complete internet protection.