Google Chrome is one of the admired web browsers worldwide, making it a significant target. Without using a reliable VPN service for Chrome, your internet service provider, the government, or malicious third parties can log your online activities and surveil your internet traffic.
Google Chrome is a user-friendly, stable, secure, and well-designed browser that stepped up when internet explorer retired and its replacement Microsoft Edge failed to make the grade. It offers a huge variety of customization choices available with thousands of different extensions and plugins. Indeed, many VPN services offer a Chrome extension, too, and ExpressVPN is no exception.
ExpressVPN Chrome extension is a neat little tool and allows you to connect to an ExpressVPN server with a single click and use several additional features such as their DNS leak protection and kill switch. In this blog, TechNinjaPro will let you know how to add ExpressVPN extension to Chrome.
Why Use an ExpressVPN Extension with Chrome?
Google Chrome is the go-to browser for most users, so it follows that it is when using Google Chrome that a VPN is important. That is because there are many applications on your system which connect to the internet. There are some convincing reasons why every Chrome user should be using a VPN:
- Google Chrome is a more safe and secure browser than most, but it is not perfect. With a variety of online threats growing, a VPN service has become an essential security tool. By using a virtual private network with Google Chrome, you can ensure that everything you do online is encrypted and protected.
- Online privacy has been making headlines as online users understand how vulnerable their personal information is online. Many sites capture user information, internet service providers collect it and sell it on, and even Google Chrome itself will be gathering data about your online activity. But a virtual private network renders you anonymous online, making it impossible for these third parties to collect information on your identity or activity.
- There are various governments worldwide that like to control what their citizens can access online. Countries like Russia, China, and Iran are among the worst offenders, but western democracies like the UK and US can get over-zealous at times. It is likely to get around this censorship and access any website you need to with a reliable VPN.
Why Select ExpressVPN?
There are various VPN services on the market, but ExpressVPN is the best for most reasons. Its servers are configured to provide super-fast connections, and the results are true to their practical namesake. ExpressVPN has a network of more than 3000 servers in around 90 countries, enabling its users to access geo-restricted content from anywhere in the world.
While speed is essential to ExpressVPN, it surely does not come at the expense of privacy and security. ExpressVPN offers robust features like DNS leak protection, 256-bit encryption, and a kill switch accessible directly from the Chrome extension. Its privacy protections are top-notch, with a zero-logging guarantee you can trust. ExpressVPN allows you to stream and download whatsoever content you like with no information limitations and file restrictions.
How to Install ExpressVPN on Chrome?
You need to have an account with ExpressVPN to use their Chrome extension, and their app downloaded onto your device. It allows you to connect a minimum of three devices simultaneously and has extensions for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
- Visit the ExpressVPN official site and sign up with ExpressVPN.
- Once you have signed up, open the ExpressVPN download tab, where you can download the ExpressVPN apps for your system. Select the right app for your system and follow the simple online instructions to download and install it.
- Once the app is installed on your system, return to the ExpressVPN download page. This time choose the Google Chrome app and then click the get extension button in the window on the right of the web page.
- On the webpage that opens, click on install in the center of the web page.
- A pop-up will ask you if you need to add ExpressVPN for Google Chrome. Tick on add extension.
- When the ExpressVPN Chrome extension has been successfully downloaded, another pop-up window will tell you ExpressVPN for Chrome has been added to Chrome. Its icon will also appear with your other extension icons to the right of Chrome’s URL bar.
- Click on the ExpressVPN icon. Its dashboard will now appear in the top right of your Google Chrome screen. This extension will allow you to connect to ExpressVPN with a single click, choose the server location of your preference and manage some of its features directly on Google Chrome.
Connecting to ExpressVPN via their Google Chrome extension is as simple as connecting to them through their app, which will come to many loyal users. There are several features pointing out, even though it should be noted that not all of the security features on the ExpressVPN apps are available directly through the Chrome extension. However, there are many additional benefits available on Chrome extension:
- DNS Leak Protection: This security feature stops your internet service provider, DNS provider, and other unauthorized people from seeing what you are browsing on the internet.
- A Kill Switch: Activating the kill switch makes sure that if the VPN connection drops unexpectedly, online traffic on Chrome will not continue until you have reconnected.
- Spoof your Location: This is an added feature to the Chrome extension that allows you to ensure your Chrome geo-location information matches the location of the VPN server you are connected to.
It is not essential to use the Google Chrome extension to guard your online activity, as the ExpressVPN app can do the job on its own. There are various reasons why the extension is worth having as well. ExpressVPN’s added feature adds another layer of security when browsing the internet on Chrome. Its presence will act as an insurance policy to ensure you never forget to connect to ExpressVPN when going online.
If you have installed the ExpressVPN Chrome extension using this blog, why not tell us how you found the process in the comments below.