Many Windows users have reported that the Toaster.exe has stopped operating, Toaster.exe using a high CPU, or the Toaster.exe programme started showing errors on their computer.
Especially if you are a Dell user, one of these errors will have occurred to you. You will also have no clue what the Toaster programme does on a Windows PC. What is the best way to fix Toaster.exe errors? What factors should you consider before disabling Toaster.exe?
After reading this article, all these doubts will be sorted out.
What is Toaster.EXE?
Toaster.exe is an executable file of DataSafe Local Backup or recovery software of Dell computers, linked to SoftThinks Agent Service. The file could also be linked to WinAmp or Avanquest Software. Typically, the programme is 4.63 MB in size.
Dell DataSafe Local Backup is a Dell software for recovering or backing up computer data when it’s needed. Toaster exe’s function is to keep track of how you use your keyboard and mouse. In this way, Toaster.exe may also be considered an AOL component.
An executable file is identified by the.exe extension. Executable files can sometimes harm your machine. Further in the article, whether the Toaster.exe file on your computer is a virus or a genuine Windows operating system file.
Common Toaster.EXE Errors
To understand that if the Toaster.exe is really behind the issue you are facing, check the errors given below that are most common:
• Toaster.exe Application Error.
• Toaster.exe failed.
• Toaster.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.
• Toaster.exe is not a valid Win32 application.
• Toaster.exe is not running
• Toaster.exe not found.
• Cannot find Toaster.exe.
• Error starting program: Toaster.exe.
• Faulting Application Path: Toaster.exe.
These errors can appear during the installation of a programme, the execution of its associated software application, Netgear Update Assistant, Windows startup or shutdown, or even the installation of the Windows operating system. When it comes to troubleshooting, keeping track of when and where your Toaster.exe problem occurs is crucial.
Is the Toaster.exe a Malware?
All the executables are not viruses, but if you start facing issues with Toaster.exe, it may have gone corrupt due to any malware in your computer. But how can you make sure, if the Toaster.exe file in your PC is a virus or not?
The location of the executable itself will help you establish whether a given file is a normal Windows process or a virus.
A process like Toaster.exe, for example, should execute from C:\Program Files\Netgear Update Assistant\MDM_Util.exe rather than somewhere else.
Follow the steps to check:
- Right-click on Taskbar and select Task Manager.
- In the Services tab of Task Manager, locate the Toaster file and right-click on it to go to its location.
- Check if all the files mentioned are in the right place. If not then remove it.
The most significant information of Toaster.exe is as follows:
- Located in the C:\Program Files\Netgear Update Assistant subdirectory.
- Avanquest Software is the publisher.
- Full path: C:\Program Files\Netgear Update Assistant\MDM_Util.exe.
- www.bvrpforums.com is the help file.
- www.avanquestusa.com is the publisher’s website.
- On most Windows systems, it is known to be up to 4.63 MB in size.
How to Fix Toaster.exe Error Windows 10?
If you have ended up with a Toaster.exe error or high CPU, and you do not know what to do, then there is no need to worry about it. TechNinjaPro has found tested solutions to fix the issue.
Disabling the Dell Toaster.exe is also an option, if you have come to the conclusion that you do not want it at all, then you can always deactivate using the method that will be explained later in the article.
1. Disable Toaster.exe – Manually & Automatically
Since Toaster.exe is part of SoftThinks Agent Service, to Stop Toaster from running in the background you have to disable its main application.
Once you deactivate SoftThinks Agent Service, the issue with Toaster.exe will be resolved.
Follow the steps given below to Disable Toaster.exe Manually:
- Open the Run box by pressing Windows + R, and type services.msc in the box. Then, to continue, click OK.
- Scroll down in the Services pane until you locate the SoftThinks Agent service and right-click it to access its Properties.
- In the General tab, go to Service status, hit the Stop button, go to Startup type, and change it to Disabled.
- Now click Apply and OK to let the changes take effect.
After this, Toaster.exe will be deactivated in the same way. Now that the Toaster.exe process isn’t operating on your computer, you can see whether you get another Toaster-related error, such as Tosater.exe not found.
Follow the steps given below to Disable Toaster.exe Automatically:
However, it may be difficult for some to deactivate toaster.exe from the settings. Therefore, TechNinjaPro brings you a comprehensive solution that will disable or enable the service and help you fix the issue.
In addition, Advanced SystemCare will provide different options to deal with problems, including setting priority levels for the Toaster.exe to use less CPU.
Follow the steps given below to get started with Advanced SystemCare:
- Get Advanced SystemCare, install it, and run it.
- Find Toolbox, then select Process Manager. You will see Advanced SystemCare starts installing it for you.
- In IObit Process Manager, locate toaster.exe under Processes and right-click it to End Process.
- Alternatively, if required, set Low Priority for the toaster.exe process.
In any case, you will successfully get rid of the toaster.exe issue using Advanced SystemCare. Next, restart your computer and open Task Manager to check if the problem is resolved. (Read complete Review of Advanced SystemCare PRO)
2. Try System File Checker
System File Checker is a handy feature with all the windows operating systems. For example, if the toaster file on your computer has gone corrupted, you must run the SFC. SFC can solve the issue for you without taking too much time.
Follow the steps given below to run System File Checker using Command Prompt:
- Type Command Prompt in the Start menu, then right-click it and select Run as administrator.
- Type sfc/scannow into Command Prompt and press Enter to start SFC.
Then System File Checker will look for file corruption on your machine automatically. If there is a problem with the Toaster.exe file, it will identify and fix it for you.
In this article, TechNinjaPro has tried to clear all your doubts about Toaster.exe. It has also provided you with the best and easy solutions. The only solutions are running the System File Checker and Disabling the file completely. Disabling the tool automatically to solve the issue is the best way to eliminate this problem.