Currently, PureVPN has over 6,500+ servers in 180+ locations. The servers are placed strategically all across the globe to help unblock various geo-restricted sites, streaming websites, and region-locked content.
State-of-the-art features integrated into the PureVPN’s applications work together to provide the user with the utmost security while browsing online. PureVPN offers its customers:
DDoS protection (Denial-of-Service attack)
The VPN provider’s headquarters are based in The British Virgin Islands, famous for having strict internet privacy laws. PureVPN abides by those laws and offers a complete no-logging policy to all of its users. It has also been audited by KPMG (security audit); not many VPNs can take this risk.
Further, the VPN is optimized with AES-256 bit military-grade encryption and has not yet been deciphered. 256-bit is used by security agencies, substantial financial institutions, and sensitive organizations to protect their data. PureVPN is providing that level of online security to the general public for just $2.88/month. Now isn’t that a bargain?
Best VPN for Amazon FireStick TV
PureVPN is undoubtedly the best VPN for Amazon FireStick TV. However, several other VPNs (which are also top competitors of PureVPN) are also capable enough to handle the load of Amazon FireStick. Some of the best VPNs for FireStick are:
Since we are discussing PureVPN here, the service assures you a fast and secure streaming experience once you have their VPN application installed on your FireStick TV. You’ll get access to the following aspects of streaming if your use PureVPN FireStick app:
- All streaming services will be unblocked.
- Unlimited bandwidth is provided, which means that you can binge-watch your favorite shows all day long.
- Endless HD and 4K Streaming.
- Access to all IPTV streams.
Fast Streaming with PureVPN
Are you aware of ISP throttling? Generally, ISPs (internet service providers) throttle your internet speed, especially when consuming a considerable amount of bandwidth.
Firstly, no ISP ever agrees to internet throttling; however, if they do agree, they claim that they practice internet throttling techniques to distribute an equal amount of bandwidth among their users. If a user consumes an abnormal amount of bandwidth, they will restrain the bandwidth received by that particular user.
ISPs also claim that the purpose behind internet throttling is to control the internet traffic over their network and avoid bandwidth congestion. However, the reality is way more than this one single reason. The real reasons for internet throttling are as follow:
- More bandwidth means more money, i.e., high costs. Companies cut down on data supply to save money.
- ISPs have a limited supply of data bandwidth, but they supply more bandwidth to their clients/customers via some dodgy techniques to make more money. So, during peak hours, when they are no longer able to control that extra bandwidth, they start to throttle the internet speeds of their users.
- Another reason is that ISPs supply slow internet speeds to their clients as a marketing tactic. They want their users to subscribe to more costly plans and make an upgrade for faster internet connections.
What PureVPN does is that it creates an encrypted tunnel via which your internet traffic is sent. Your internet activity gets hidden from everyone, including your geographical location. Since your identity gets masked, your local ISP can no longer keep tabs on your data usage. Your ISP needs stats to measure your data usage to practice ‘internet throttling.’ PureVPN helps you hide those stats.
PureVPN’s FireStick app comes with the following:
Fastest & Smartest VPN: PureVPN helps its clients enjoy a lag-free streaming experience in HD quality via a mixture of its security, speed, and functionality features, thus making you completely anonymous over the internet.
Encryption: The military-grade encryption of AES 256-bit makes sure that the integrity of your connection is not compromised and your internet traffic data remains secure during the transmission of your streaming sessions.
Wi-Fi Security: PureVPN makes your online activity (internet data, traffic, and history) air-tight and ensure that not even a single soul can crack or track your movement online. It secures your Wi-Fi via several security features like encryption, split-tunneling, double hop, and kill switch.
IP Address Masking: With a simple click of the ‘Connect’ button, PureVPN hides your IP address and issues you an IP address of the server to which you get connected automatically. All of this takes 1 to 2 seconds.
The factors mentioned above offered by PureVPN ensure that the user experiences the fastest internet speeds, especially during their streaming or online gaming sessions.
PureVPN Compatibility with FireStick TV
PureVPN has made its FireStick TV application available on Amazon App Store. Also, you can download it easily via the Downloader application. Hundreds and thousands of people use the PureVPN application on their FireStick TV as per its easy-to-use nature. It works seamlessly on your FireStick devices without any hurdles, breakdowns, or malfunctioning.
To use the PureVPN FireStick TV app, users do not need to sideload or jailbreak their FireStick device. You can download it like any other application. The entire process of launching the PureVPN app only takes a few minutes on your FireStick TV.
Multi-Support with FiresStick and FireTV Generations
You can establish VPN connections with PureVPN across all FireStick & Fire TV devices. They include:
- 4K Fire TV Stick and Fire TV
- 2-gen Fire TV Stick and Fire TV
- 3-gen Fire TV Stick and Fire TV
Download and install PureVPN on FireStick
To download and install the PureVPN FireStick app, perform the following steps accordingly:
- Launch apps from the main menu of your Amazon Fire TV or Amazon TV Stick.
- Navigate to categories.
- Click on Utility.
- From there, select PureVPN and click on Download.
- Once downloaded and installed, go back to the main menu and click on My Apps.
- You’ll see PureVPN there. Launch the application.
Login and Connect PureVPN on FireStick
To log in and then connect PureVPN on your FireStick:
- Go to Main Menu > My Apps > PureVPN. Launch the application.
- If you have already subscribed to one of the PureVPN plans, click on ALREADY HAVE AN ACCOUNT. (Click here if you are not a PureVPN subscriber).
- Enter your login information and hit the Login button.
- You’ll be shown various countries. Select the country you want to connect to, and PureVPN will automatically find the fastest server there to establish your connection.
- After a few seconds, your connection will be up and running.
Access channels and use Split Tunneling via PureVPN
If you want to access various channels with PureVPN:
- Launch the PureVPN application and connect.
- Choose your desired channel, e.g., Netflix.
- After a few seconds, you will be connected to your desired channel while remaining under the umbrella of PureVPN.
- Go to Settings at the top right corner of your PureVPN application on FireStick.
- Click on the Split Tunneling option.
- Turn the slider ON if it is turned OFF.
- You will be shown a group of apps. Select the apps which you want to be protected with PureVPN and which ones you do not.
- Once done, your Split Tunneling will be turned ‘ON’ on those selected applications.
Using a VPN on your FireStick will help you access unrestricted content that is otherwise not available in your region. Also, a VPN application keeps you secured online and hides your identity from your local ISP to ensure that you do not fall victim to practices like Internet Throttling.
You can use FireStick in a foreign country. However, you will not be able to watch the content otherwise ordinarily available on your FireStick. That’s mainly because of the ‘geo-restriction legislations and licensing agreements.’ However, if you have a VPN like PureVPN installed on your FireStick, getting access to your usual content will not be a problem.
Using a VPN hides and masks your IP address from your local ISP, ensuring that they cannot track your online activity. Since they will not know what you are doing online, they will be unable to throttle your internet speed, thus making your FireStick run fast.
Jailbreaking your FireStick means that you can access and install those typically unavailable applications on your Amazon App Store. The disadvantages of jailbreaking are huge as you can install an application containing malicious software, which can infect your device.