It is very difficult and boring to watch movies on the phone’s small screen. Especially when you are having a get-together at your home and want to watch something, it becomes very problematic to do that on the phone. If you have a large tv at home, you can mirror your phone to that Tv screen.
What it does in the mirror is that it simply starts displaying on tv whatever you are watching on your phone. The question that is raised here is, how does your phone do that? Most of the latest smartphones come with a reliable option, but there are some other methods to mirror your phone to tv.
Is It Possible to Mirror a Phone to Tv Without Wi-Fi?
There are different ways to cast the movies you are watching on Netflix, YouTube, Facebook, or other streaming services, but they all require Wi-Fi to do that. You need Wi-Fi if you are doing any of these activities:
- You require a Wi-Fi connection when you want to cast the video from a streaming service.
- Wi-Fi is required when you want to release any web content.
- Wi-Fi is a requirement if you are screening live streams.
What is the difference between Mirroring and Casting?
There is a huge misconception among the people that Mirroring and Casting are the same things. But in reality, they both are different from each other. Local content is transmitted to the big screen via cable or wireless connection in mirroring, and while in casting, the online content is transmitted through multimedia players to TV projectors and monitors via wireless connections.
Screen mirroring technology has evolved dramatically in recent years. The optimal technique depends on the model, age, and manufacturer of the TV, smartphone, and other devices.
Almost all the streaming services provide a built-in option for casting. Like Facebook, Youtube and Netflix start showing a casting button when it detects a smart TV present on the same network.
If you want to cast the images or videos saved in your mobile storage, they can be screened on the TV without Wi-Fi.
How to Mirror Phone to Tv Without Wi-Fi?
You can follow several ways to project your phone screen to tv without Wi-Fi, and TechNinjaPro has listed down some of those further in the article.
Chromecast is a tool provided by Google, which proved to be useful with time as it allows you to cast anything on the TV. A small device will be connected to the Tv through HDMI. Chromecast generally requires a Wi-Fi connection, but there is a way to make it work without Wi-Fi.
1. Mobile Hotspot
Instead of Wi-FI, you can use mobile data and transform your smartphone into a wireless router and cast to the other/external screen. All the steps are listed down in detail:
- Turn On the Chromecast device by plugging one end of the USB cable in the device and the other one into the Power Source.
- When the Chromecast is turned on, reset the device by Long-pressing the power button.
- Now, plug in the HDMI cable of the Chromecast into the TV.
- After this, you need two devices, one will be used as the wireless router, and the second one will be used for casting.
- Turn on the hotspot of the mobile phone. Make sure you have enough data to use.
- Now connect the other device to that hotshot and connect Chromecast to that network.
- For the next step, you will require to download the Google Home app on your smartphone.
- Log in to Google Home, and click on add devices.
- Google Home will start searching for Chromecast
- When it asks, click on yes to connect to your Chromecast.
- After following these steps, you will be able to cast anything on your tv. Enjoy streaming Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube, or even local content.
2. Use Chromecast without any wireless connection
There is a way to use Chromecast without Wi-Fi or even any kind of internet connection. For this, you will be using an ethernet connection, and here’s how you can put it to use:
- Connect your Chromecast to your TV’s HDMI port.
- Although Chromecast doesn’t usually come with an ethernet connector, ethernet power adapters are available in the market. Get one and attach it to your Chromecast through its USB wire.
- Connect one side of the ethernet cable to the jack on the power adapter and the other side to the internet source.
- After this, you will be able to cast your phone using Google Home. as explained above in the article/
Use HDMI Cable
An HDMI cable can be used to connect your phone to your TV. You will need three things for this: an HDMI cable, an MHL adaptor, and a USB cable. First, check if your device is compatible with MHL or HDMI cords. After ensuring that your device, TV, and cables are all compatible, connect the phone to the TV by following these steps:
- Connect one end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI port on your TV.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the other end of the HDMI cable
- Connect your phone to one side of the MHL adaptor.
- Finally, connect the USB cable’s other end to the MHL’s and change the source to HDMI input.
If all the steps are rightly followed, you will be able to see movies on your tv instead of the small screen of your phone.
How to Mirror Android Phone to TV Without Wi-Fi Or Any Internet Connection?
In this part of the article, we will discuss all the methods TechNinjaPro can use to cast your android phones without Wi-Fi. Android users can also use almost all the methods discussed earlier, but TechNinjaPro will talk about those that can only work for android phones.
Miracast is made to mirror the screens of your phone, tablet, or computer on your TV without using HDMI cables or other internet wires. It functions as a wireless HDMI cable. It is expected to eliminate the need for a physical connection between two sharing devices in the future.
MiraCast runs on Windows 8.1 and Android phones running on Android 4.2. IT’s popularity is growing day by day. Amazon’s new FireStick comes with built-in Miracast streaming, and Miracast for Android is available for free to download.
2. ScreenBeam Mini2
ScreenBeam Mini2 is an external device that you plug into your Television. It helps you cast your phone wirelessly. It’s a suitable substitute for HDMI cables. It doesn’t need to be connected to the internet to work. It is an ideal device for in-home and on-the-go use. It does not necessitate the installation of an app or the payment of a subscription.
The ScreenBeam Mini2 is a small gadget that is simple to use. The adaptor is required to be connected to an HD TV. You’ll be connected after just three simple steps. It supports 1080p30 HD video and high-definition audio up to full 1080p30. It comes with a wireless receiver that plugs into the HDMI port of your big screen. As a result, your mobile device will link to it automatically.
Some smart TVs support a particular application called Mirror Screen For Smart TV. Using this app, your android mobile device will start to appear in Miracast search for dongles mode. This app supports Samsung smart tv, LG phone, Vizio smart tv, Fire tv stick, android to Roku, android to firestick tv, blu ray, android to android screen mirroring Bluetooth, Sony tv Bravia apps for screen mirroring, Mira cast computer, mirroring phone images from phone screen to tv screen, anycast screen mirroring without Wi-Fi.
You’ll need an Android 4.4.2 handset as well as a Chromecast-compatible device for this. Start enjoying mobile games on your Smart TV after downloading this APK.
How to Mirror iPhone to Tv Without Wi-Fi Or Internet Connection?
As we have discussed different ways to cast your phone using the Android operating system, in this section, we will discuss, How to mirror an iPhone to a TV without Wi-Fi. Here are two ways to screen mirror iPhone on TV:
1. Apple Digital AV Lightning Adapter
This is the simplest way to project the iPhone screen to a TV without Wi-Fi. To do so, you’ll need an Apple digital AV lightning adapter with mirroring capabilities. All you have to do is insert this white adaptor into the mobile charging socket at the bottom.
Connect it to a nearby HDMI display. This adapter has an additional charging port for mobile devices. Although it is costly, it is easy to transport when traveling.
2. Use Peer to Peer Airplay
This method works with devices that can receive Airplay broadcasts. Mirroring on this does not require a physical connection or HDMI. This solution works with the Peer to Peer feature of Airplay. Ensure that both devices are not connected to the internet because this feature uses Bluetooth to mirror your phone.
In this Article, TechNinjaPro has tried its best to line up some of the best ways through which you can mirror or cast your mobile phone to the TV. Majorly all the tools require an internet connection, but a few methods are being told in the article that can be used if you arrange the needed equipment to connect.