IPVanish not connecting is an annoying problem that bothers a great many VPN users. If you are struggling to resolve this problem, you come to the right place. Most of the time, IPVanish works without a hitch, So, it can be confusing or annoying if you suddenly have a problem connecting to your VPN. When your VPN is acting a little cranky and refusing to join, this complete blog can help you get up and running again.
IPVanish offers you excellent security and privacy for VPN service. But due to some reasons, your IPVanish keeps disconnecting. There are various common causes of the issue “IPVanish not Connecting.”
- Your server location can impact the IPVanish connection
- Your router does not support IPVanish
- Your Firewall stops the IPVanish from connecting to your device.
There are multiple possible problems for which there are internet issues. Although you are VPN, you should have a working network to connect it to the VPN servers, So reboot your router, reconnect your internet cable, and ensure a first-class internet connection. In this blog, TechNinjaPro is going to share how to fix IPVanish not connecting to the internet.
- 5 reasons why you can’t connect to IPVanish
- What to do when IPVanish not Connecting to the Internet
- Alternative VPN Services
5 reasons why you can’t connect to IPVanish
IPVanish is popular and well-known in the VPN market, so there are a few connection issues to worry about. Still, users do struggle to get online. The most common problem is a basic internet connection problem. Usually, when IPVanish would not connect, the VPN itself is not at fault. Instead, the users’ internet connection is to blame. Now here is what you can do:
- Try restarting your router and disconnecting your system a couple of times.
- Test the connection with IPVanish turned off.
- If everything works well, it means the problem is something else.
Here are the other five most common problems which come up when you cannot connect to IPVanish:
- Expired IPVanish subscription: This problem is not unheard of. If you have set up an auto-payment module, you can skip this point. Otherwise, check out the detailed guide below.
- IPVanish protocol problems: If it is not the servers or your internet connection, the issue could lie in your protocol to build the IPVanish VPN tunnel.
- User Account Control Setting: User account control can interfere with your VPN connection. Therefore it is good to turn it off completely.
- IPVanish server issues: IPVanish admits that some users encounter glitchy servers and may require to try alternative locations to find the best connection. This is an issue of almost all virtual private network services and not specific to IPVanish.
- DNS Problems: Domain Name Server can make sites inaccessible. In this case, you may have to use IPVanish to set up third-party DNS.
What to do when IPVanish not Connecting to the Internet
- Check if your subscription has not expired
- How to adjust protocols on IPVanish
- Change your system’s user account control settings
- How to ping an IPVanish server
- How to install a TAP device
- Change the DNS configuration
Check if your subscription has not expired
If you do not know whether your IPVanish has expired, follow the steps below:
- Go to the official IPVanish sites and log in to your account.
- Check if your subscription is still active.
- If not, renew it for the desired terms and conditions.
How to adjust protocols on IPVanish
Sometimes, protocols are the primary reasons for IPVanish not connecting. It is relatively easy to switch between protocols via the IPVanish client. Here is how it is done for users:
- Open the IPVanish client and log in to your account.
- Open settings under the cogwheel icon on the left side.
- Select the tab “Connection”.
- This will show a drop-down list of protocols, including IKEv2, OpenVPN, IPSec, and others. The protocol choice depends on your system and operating system.
Change your system’s user account control settings
User account control is a windows element that interrupts VPN connectivity and is simple to turn off.
- Click Start and type the control panel to access this application.
- Type UAS in the control panel search field at the top right side and click the result.
- On the UAC setting screen, select the option to never notify and press ok.
- Restart your system and try to log onto IPVanish.
How to ping an IPVanish server
This is another option to find out whether your system can communicate with IPVanish servers or not. If not, the trouble may lie with your internet connection. Here is how to do so:
- Log in to your account on the official IPVanish site.
- Choose the server list from the top menu.
- Select a server and copy its address.
- Head to the Start Menu of windows.
- Types Command Prompt and open it.
- At the command prompt window, type ping followed by the address of the IPVanish server you would like to connect to and hit Enter. For example, ping syd-a09.ipvanish.com.
- If you see Request timed out, that means you cannot connect to this server.
How to install a TAP device
It is very common to experience TAP driver issues that arise because of software conflicts or driver signing problems. When you install multiple VPN tools, making multiple TAP driver installations is one of the most popular cases. The perfect solution is this:
- Open the IPVanish client and log in to your account.
- Click Settings under the cogwheel icon.
- Select the tab connection.
- There you will find the Install/Repair OpenVPN driver button; click it.
- After the successful installation message, restart the IPVanish client and try again.
Change the DNS configuration
If nothing changed until now, the issue might be in your DNS configuration. One of the best choices is called DNS flushing. It forces your system to look up IP addresses for each site, removing harmful entries.
Alternative VPN Services
ExpressVPN is a bit more costly than IPVanish, at $12.90 per month but with good reason. ExpressVPN offers a wide range of features. It does not provide a free trial, and they do offer a 30-day money-back guarantee. ExpressVPN became the best VPN with more than 3000+ servers in around 94 countries with almost 160 server locations. This helps their customers to access all kinds of restricted content at a global level without any issues.
With all of this unblocking by ExpressVPN, various countries like China placed new barriers, hackers tried to over-run ExpressVPN security protocols, and all of its competitors started competing to become more secure and faster. ExpressVPN allows its users to unblock anything, including streaming sites like Amazon Prime Video, HBO, Hulu, Netflix, etc.
So, if you are searching for a replacement for IPVanish for failing to bypass streaming websites, sign up for ExpressVPN. You can get unlimited bandwidth, speed, and server switches.
NordVPN is also an alternative to IPVanish, which has many servers and is integrated with those features that you will not discover on other VPNs. It has the latest WireGuard technology and providing its users with improved security. NordVPN directly competes for head to head with other popular VPNs.
NordVPN makes your online data and browsing safe and secure behind the wall of next-generation encryptions. It starts at $3 per month and has a 30-day money-back guarantee. NordVPN works perfectly with streaming websites and has more than 5000 servers worldwide.
Surfshark is one of the best VPN in the market. It will not leak your domain name server information and hide your IP addresses with full security proof. Surfshark has an advanced split tunneling feature. With thousands of servers worldwide, it is guaranteed that you will get access to a lot of blocked geo-restricted content online.
Surfshark is known for the low-cost VPN services available in the market, and you can choose any of the locations via which you would like to continue browsing on your system.
Double-check your time and date settings if you try a few servers and cannot log on, or if none of the protocols work. Finally, you can try turning your router off and on. If none of that works, do not give up hope. IPVanish has an excellent reputation for customer support, and you can get in touch via their live chat.
Above all, do not panic if IPVanish would not connect. In most cases, there is a simple technical fix that needs a few mouse clicks to execute and allows users to enjoy privacy and security without stressing how to get online.