Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059 arises when Netflix detects that you are using a virtual private network or a proxy server to watch geo-restricted content. For example, you are using a virtual private network to access Netflix’s US catalog, or if you are trying to watch your standard version of Netflix while you are abroad, you might see this error pop up.
In this blog, TechNinjaPro is going through how to fix a Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059, switch servers to stop the issue from happening again, and which virtual private network services are particularly good at bypassing Netflix’s restrictions.
What is Netflix Error Code m7111-1331-5059?
The Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059 is pretty much what it says on the tin; Netflix has identified that you are using a virtual private network to access the website and has denied your access. For whatever reason, the virtual private network or proxy you have enabled uses an IP address that Netflix knows belongs to an unblocker and gives you a proxy error.
This error is likely to appear because Netflix has blocked the IP address your virtual private network has given you. So, you could try using a different to see if that resolves the problem. In the end, you may need a reliable VPN service.
How to solve the Netflix error code in five easy steps
Fortunately, it is simple and easy to solve the Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059. Here are the step by step instructions to solve the Netflix error to watch favorite Netflix content:
- Sign up for a virtual private network that can help you bypass Netflix’s security settings.
- Download and install the virtual private network.
- Launch your virtual private network and select a server located in the country that has the Netflix content you need.
- Clear your cookies to ensure Netflix cannot see your location.
- Set back and start watching the content you need to watch from anywhere in the world.
How to switch servers
A simple technique to get rid of the Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059 is to switch virtual private network servers. This is really simple to do on most VPN services, but TechNinjaPro will walk you through how to do it:
- Open your virtual private network application if you have not connected to a server in the country that has the Netflix content you need to watch. For example, if you need to watch Netflix’s US catalog, you could connect to a server in New York. If you get the error code m7111-1331-5059, you can move on to step two.
- Find another server that works perfectly with Netflix. Most VPN providers have thousands of servers across many locations. Find another server at the same location or try a different location.
- Click to connect.
- Repeat this process whenever you get this Netflix error code m7111-1331-5059. Netflix blocklisted IP addresses all the time, so it is unlikely that any server you connect to will work forever. So just switch to a new server when you get this error message, and you should be able to stream geo-restricted content.
How does Netflix know I'm using a VPN?
When connected to a server, it replaces your real IP address with its virtual IP address. Netflix sees that server’s IP address rather than your local one and can block it if they know the IP belongs to a virtual private network. Netflix security experts hunt down the IP addresses that virtual private network providers use. They then block them. You get the m7111-1331-5059 error if you connect through one of those blocked IP addresses.
What VPN works perfectly for Netflix in 2021?
Virtual private network services that work for Netflix in 2021 include:
These VPN services provide some crucial features that make them particularly perfect for using to watch Netflix geo-restricted libraries in other countries. These features include:
- Universal server networks so you can connect to a significant number of countries. This will provide you with more options when you decide which Netflix content you need to watch.
- A significant number of IP addresses are available to you.
- Reliable and fast speed to help you enjoy excellent quality, buffer-free streaming in 4K.
- Safe encryption, so you can watch whatever you like without any online snoops.
- There are no data limits, so you can watch your favorite show without reaching the data limit.
- Excellent customer support so you can reach out for help from your virtual private network if you have any problems.
Best VPNs to Solve Netflix Error m7111-1331-5059
Fortunately, switching to a virtual private network that can bypass Netflix’s error code m7111-1331-5059 can solve this problem. And TechNinjaPro has compiled a list of some of the best VPNs to help you make the right decision to solve Netflix error m711-1331-5059:
NordVPN is perfect for bypassing Netflix’s error code m7111-1331-5059 because it has a lot of IP addresses, so you will never end up with one that Netflix has blocked. In fact, NordVPN’s vast server network has around 5000 servers across 60 countries all over the world. So, you will have a vast collection of IP addresses to select from.
NordVPN also helps you bypass errors flagged up by virtual private network use on other streaming services. So you can Hulu, BBC iPlayer, and Amazon Prime Video without any difficulties. It delivers fast and reliable connections so you can stream high-quality content without any buffering.
- Works perfectly with BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and Netflix
- Excellent fast connection speeds
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 24/7 customer support
- Victim of a data breach in 2018
2. Surfshark VPN
Surfshark is another perfect virtual private network with more than 3200 servers in around 60 countries. It allows you access to some of the world’s popular Netflix catalogs, such as Netflix Canada, Netflix UK, and Netflix US. Surfshark is excellent to watch Netflix, and it also works perfectly on Amazon Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and HBO Go.
Surfshark comes with unlimited simultaneous connections. So this means that big groups can watch whatever they need to watch on any Netflix catalog simultaneously. It hides your online traffic by using 256-bit encryption and protection against leaks. Surfshark also comes with a kill switch to make sure your data is never exposed.
- Excellent speed
- Strict no-logs policy
- A robust focus on security
- Unlimited device connections
- Occasionally slow to connect to servers
ExpressVPN is the best choice available in the market for bypassing Netflix’s error code m7111-1331-5059. ExpressVPN has more than 3200 servers in around 90 countries worldwide. So it provides you plenty of options for IP addresses and for accessing foreign Netflix catalog and geo-restricted streaming services such as BBC iPlayer, Hulu, and Amazon prime Video.
ExpressVPN provides reliable and fast speeds that can handle 4K HDR video streaming without any lagging or buffering. It uses 256-bit encryption, DNS leak protection, a kill switch, and split tunneling to keep your internet traffic completely secure from hackers. ExpressVPN operates under a strict no-logs policy and is based in the British Virgin Islands with no data retention laws.
- Excellent server speeds coupled with no bandwidth throttling
- User-friendly applications
- It offers a secure and encrypted connection
- 24/7 customer support
- A bit expensive
Can a Free VPN Fix Netflix Error Code m7111-1331-5059?
Sadly, the answer is no. What could be superior to using a free virtual private network to access Netflix libraries of other regions, but the anti-VPN feature of Netflix is a bit smart. They regularly track IPs and block the IP addresses used by multiple users. As the free virtual private network is not updated regularly, it has difficulty unblocking Netflix because the blocked IP address will not be replaced by functional and remain blocked.
m7111-1331-5059 error is typical, and this is an irritation to an enjoyable streaming experience, but there is no need to cancel your Netflix subscription. TechNinjaPro has tested and found that the above-mentioned solution can help you fix the proxy error.
Solutions for Android and iPhone
m7111-1331-5059 Netflix error affects Android and iPhone in the same manner, and you will need a perfect VPN service to overcome this issue. Using a virtual private network from the offered list can work wonders, but look for the solutions listed below if you are getting the error warning.
- Check that the application you are using is authentic.
- Check your device’s compatibility with the virtual private network’s mobile app.
- Tick Netflix data and reinstall it, which can get rid of the stored data.
No, Netflix will not ban you from using a virtual private network. While Netflix does have the right to limit your access if you breach its terms and conditions, this is not something it actually does. Many people use VPN services to access the Netflix library while traveling abroad without having their accounts banned. At worst, you may find that the IP you use is blocked. As such, you might need to try connecting to another server if this does happen.
One of the best approaches to solve the Netflix proxy error on your Smart TV is installing a virtual private network on the router. It can help you provide VPN encryption to all the devices connected to the router. Some virtual private networks offer applications for streaming devices, and SmartDNS features provided by some reliable VPN services can help you bypass Netflix proxy error code.
No, it is not illegal to use a virtual private network to change your IP for Netflix. However, it is worth knowing that it is technically against the streaming platform’s terms of service. This is because Netflix has censorship agreements that result in content being region-restricted. While Netflix can restrict your access to using a virtual private network to change your IP, it does not have a history of taking action other than blocking a specific IP.
Netflix uses your IP to identify your actual location. When you use a virtual private network, you are assigned a new IP. However, most virtual private network services use shared address allocation, which means multiple users use the same IPs. If Netflix associates an IP with a virtual private network, it is possible to be blocked as a result. This means Netflix will not be available if you try to access Netflix using the blocklisted IP.
Using a virtual private network is better for accessing Netflix due to limited available streaming options based on the current location. For instance, the Twilight series is available for only Canadian Netflix users as Netflix has the proper censorship agreement to stream it in Canada only.