The WII is one of the most popular gaming consoles from Nintendo. But it was discontinued in October 2013.
On a good note, you can still play the Nintendo WII titles on your modern hardware. All you need to do is download Nintendo Wii ISOs Windows PC. It will not only let you play WII games on your computer but also improve upon the original hardware.
The good thing is you will find a large number of emulators and ROMs online. But you need to download the one that works and is compatible with your system.
Out of all the available emulators, the most popular one is the Dolphin emulator. In this post, we will provide a step-by-step guide to install the Dolphin emulator on Windows PC, so that you can play your favourite WII games once again.
- What are Wii ROMs and Emulators?
- How to Download Dolphin Emulator?
- Opening the Dolphin Emulator
- Using the Dolphin Emulator
What are Wii ROMs and Emulators?
When it comes to playing retro games on your modern hardware, you need ROMs and emulators to run the game. Similarly to run Nintendo WII games on your Windows PC, you need Wii ROMs. These are files containing a copy of the game that you want to play. You can easily download them from any reliable source online.
On the other hand, emulators are downloadable programs that serve the purpose of a console. With the help of an emulator, you can play Wii titles of your choice. One important thing to remember is that the emulator you use should be supported by your PC’s operating system.
Whenever downloading Wii emulators and ROMs online make sure you get it from a trusted website. That’s because not all sites are safe to use. Some sites may contain viruses and malware that may affect your PC.
You are recommended to use the Dolphin Emulator as it is compatible with Windows and other major operating systems including Android, Linux, and macOS. Not just that, but it is also safe to use. This particular emulator has been rated highly by users. The best thing about using the Dolphin emulator is that it is completely free. This means you can download and install it without paying a single penny.
If you are looking for a stable emulator that can sixth and seventh-generation console ROMs, then the Dolphin emulator is the option for you. This is one of the best WII emulators you will find out there.
How to Download Dolphin Emulator?
We have prepared a step-by-step guide to download the Dolphin emulator on your PC. Since many of you are using it for the first time, this guide should clear all your doubts. Follow the steps correctly and you will be good to go.
Here is what you need to do:
- To download the Dolphin emulator, first, open your browser and type ‘Dolphin emulator’ in the search bar. Alternatively, you can also use the link: dolphin-emu.org to directly open the website.
- When the site opens, you will get to see a black ‘Download’ button at the top of the web page. Click on it.
- You will be shown the development versions. Click on the first blue button to download that particular version of the Dolphin emulator. Once you click on it, the download will start immediately.
- Now click on the link below the description on the development versions page. This will take you to a new page.
- On the new page, click on the x64 version of the visual studio and you will be shown a new window. Check the box beside the Agree to the terms and conditions option.
- After that hit the install button.
- Once the installation process is over, you are recommended to restart your computer to run everything smoothly.
Opening the Dolphin Emulator:
- Opening the Dolphin emulator can feel a bit complicated for first-timers. But it should be fine if you follow the given steps:
- To open the Dolphin emulator, you will need a Zip file. For this go to your browser and create a new tab.
- Now type ‘7 Zip’ to visit the 7-zip.org website.
- Select the download button on whichever version you want to install.
- Next, go to the downloaded Dolphin emulator file and right-click on it.
- Hold the cursor on 7 Zip and click on the option ‘Open archive’. Go to the 7 Zip archive window, and click on the Dolphin file there and drag it to the desktop to extract it.
- Now open the Dolphin folder and double click on ‘Dolphin.exe’. After that adjust it the way you want.
Using the Dolphin Emulator:
Finally, we come to the steps where you will learn how to use the Dolphin emulator to run the WII games.
First of all, you need to download the Nintendo Wii ROMs from a website of your choice. But be careful of the website you choose as some of them contain malware and viruses.
Once you have the Nintendo Wii ISO or ROM on your computer, there are two ways you can play it. Let’s check out both methods.
- For the first method, you need to click ‘Open’ on the Dolphin emulator window. You will be shown a new window with the saved Nintendo Wii games.
- In case, the games are not showing on the window, click on the box on the bottom right.
- Next, click the option ‘All Files’ on the drop-down and you will get to see the saved Nintendo Wii ROMs or ISOs.
- You need to select the saved Nintendo Wii ROM file of the game you want to play and it should start playing automatically.
- For the second method, you need to open the window where the downloaded Nintendo Wii ROM is saved.
- Then drag and drop it to the Dolphin emulator window and the game should start playing immediately.
- Now you can set up the characters and make changes to the graphics setting, and controls, etc., on the Dolphin emulator.
- When you switch to a new game, you will have to repeat the process once again.
So this is how you can download and use the Dolphin emulator on your PC. All you have to do is follow the steps correctly.
Nintendo WII has many exciting titles. Although the console is discontinued by the company, you can still play the games using an emulator and ROM. But make sure that the emulator you are using is compatible with your Windows PC. Also, you should download it from a reliable source, or else your computer may end up getting affected by viruses or malware.