Let see the 5 best motherboards for i9-9900k in the market. Core i9-9900k is one of the lightning-fast mainstream desktop processors available in the market. But without a good motherboard, it is not going to deliver stable performance. Motherboard selection is very crucial for the overall stability and performance of your system. If you’re going with i9 9900k, you need to look after overclocking, VRM quality, and heat management within your motherboard.
In a highly competitive gamers market, it doesn’t only take engineering to differentiate a product from others, but a lot of imagination is also imperative. It would help if you looked practicality within the layout, so you won’t face any hassle while using it. The best motherboard for i9 9900k helps to keep the temperature as least as possible to increase the efficiency. Hardcore gamers or a professional video editor can’t afford a motherboard that is making irritating noise and heating the system.
There’d be multiple aspects; without them, your motherboard is not going to deliver stable performance.
Our Recommendation Table for Best motherboards for i9-9900K
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Extreme
ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Gene
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Gene
In this article, we’ll share some of the Best Motherboards for i9-9900K, depending upon your requirement. Whether your intention is to find best on budget, Absolute Powerful, or Purpose-built Motherboard, you will get the best picks from across the market. So without any further delay, let’s straight dive into this.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Extreme
If you’re not an average user and want to get a purpose-built, uncompromising process that is close to perfection, then Z390 Aorus Extreme will not disappoint. Being the extreme gigabyte and offering tons of features plus stellar performance, so you should expect a hefty price tag as well. Overall it got an attractive design that can appeal to both gamers and enthusiasts. The Board itself has a matte black PCB with gunmetal-tone used for outs.
- Supplementary VRM cooling involving a rear base plate to keep those VRM temperatures under control.
- The AORUS logo and the PCH heatsink lights up and also give a great glow underneath the motherboard, also have an RGB bar on the right-hand side.
- The heatsink is followed by an illuminated integrated IO Shield around the back that is a great feature for fiddling around the back of your PC.
- 10 gigabytes Ethernet port, dual thunderbolt 3 Type-C ports, and 4 USB 3.1 gen2 reports, and with the integrated lighting, it also worth noting that all of the LEDs are digital RGBs. And you can control its patterns, speed, and brightness inside the gigabytes RGB fusion software.
- Gigabytes have integrated some pretty beefy heat sinks that include a thinner design, which helps keep the 16 phases of digital power design under control. There are three direct heat touch heat pipes underneath it.
- Massive backplate is coupled with the improved thermal pads as well as gigabytes ×2 cooper PCB design to help in dissipating heat. You don’t even need to be concerned about temperature, even with extreme overclocking beyond 5 MHz on i9 9900k.
- USB TurboCharger for mobile devices
- OC touch connector
- Triple M.2 slots
ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate
Are you looking for a premium Z 390 board to go with their new premium i9 9900k? Do you want to overclock and have a nice board jam-packed with features, great power delivery, a great expansion, and well-suited to this sort of CPU? So, this is the top-choice motherboard for you. So let’s start with its key features.
- It supports dual-channel DDR3 up to 4200 MHz, and it has built-in 802.11 AC wifi and 10 gigabits Ethernet as well.
- The RGB lighting is located at three areas at the Board
- Motherboard with such a superior power delivery to overclocking at $300 is hard to find, but with ASRock Z390 Taichi Ultimate, you can make it happen.
- Three USB internal headers for the front panel, 2 USB 3.O, and a single USB 3.1 headers giving a total of 6 USB ports. If you’ve required multiple USB connecting options, then this thing has got your covered.
- ×3 M.2 slots all of which support 4 X PCl express look
- You’ve fine and easy control over the cooling requirement with the availability of 8 fans headers, including exhaust fans and cooling fans with 8 fans connectors.
- This particular motherboard has Dual Intel Gigabit Ethernet Intel AC wifi with Bluetooth 4.2 and real Tex ALC 1220 audio rated up to 120dB with an integrated amplifier, the newest audio solution for you.
- With its decent VRM thermal cooling, you can expect that it can push your i9 9900k at the higher clock speeds.
- BIOS is pretty much similar to Z370 UEFI with many advanced options modes to control overclocking and other aspects.
Most likely, you’re using it with your 9th Gen Intel CPUs, you can use it with your 8th gen CPUs also, but it would be pretty overkill for that.
It has many similarities with the Z370 gaming i7 professional motherboard in terms of their 12 phase VRM design, features 12 capacitors from Nichicon, 60 AMP chokes as well as Texas Instrument’s NexFETs.
In my opinion, it is a sharp-looking board, instead of investing for over-the-top RGB or fancy colors, ASRock has put your money in the features. They Did a phenomenal job by keeping a particular CPU under wraps when it comes to overclocking.
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro
Z390 Aorus Pro is powered by the usual LGA 1151 CPU socket, which supports both the eighth and ninth generation of Intel Core processors. This pick of ours is a fine mixture of amazing features, premium quality components, and simplicity. Let’s take a look at some of its striking features.
- It has got a nice, solid, and thick Heat sink tube to transport the hot-air from one side to another, and unsurprisingly, it is doing a stellar job to keep the VRM cool and stable at any given situation. You’re not going to find this kind of well-equipped VRM anywhere else at this pricing.
- It has usual 14 dual-channel memory configuration which can support 128 gigabytes of DDR4 RAM which has 32 gigabytes DIMMS support, overclockable up to 4266 MHz There’s only one Board (other than Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro) who can support such an abnormal memory in dual channel configuration and on as chipset is ASUS Rock Maximus 11 Hero.
- This Board can support up to two horizontal M.2 solid-state drive, and both of which can transfer up to 32 gigabits per second.
- It has six 3rd generation PCl expresses through a single slot single speed and ×3 16 slots with varying speeds.
- So starting from the left, we have second-generation USB plugs, with 480 megabits transfer rate, ×3 3.1 first-generation USB plugs with a five gigabits transfer rate. Next, we have an HDMI 1.4 output for our integrated graphics, 802.11 AC dual-band wifi adapter with a theoretical transfer rate of 1.7 gigabits per second, a gigabit LAN, and finally high-end ALC 1220 VB.
- While watching a movie or playing video games, you’ll be going to hear crystal clear audio quality as it completely filtering out any electronic interference.
- Its eight native PVM can support all-in-one CPU water cooler but, most importantly, two dedicated 10 watts’ water pump connectors. In plain language, this Board can support an extreme water cooling configuration.
- Troubleshooting wise, it does have an easy debugger on one corner. It is the most enthusiastic, friendly feature that is extremely useful when you want to troubleshoot a cold boot.
- On this Board, there is six fusion sync effect compatible RGB strips nested, and three of them concentrated around the dual channel.
- Two pairs of two RGB connectors are located in the opposite corners that will require the plugging much easier.
Our testing reveals that this particular motherboard is equipped with best-in-class VRM. Also, a total of 8 controllable fans plus two external temperature sensors are integrated and that its one of the prominent features. At this budget, we can’t find any other motherboard with such a real-world performance. You can’t find a better option if your main focus is VRM.
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Gene
- Its layout is designed in such a way that is carrying out every feature by not giving an overcrowded shape. Also, every slot, including USB headers and fans headers are can easily be accessible.
- Your CPU needs to be supervised to know how well it is functioning, ASUS provides you with a feature through which you can monitor various aspects regarding temperature. To deliver a good thermal performance, ASUS has integrated multiple fans headers, thermal sensors as well as a water pump.
- To signal for any error code, there’s a LED display on its right corner. By using the manual, you can figure out the meaning of every light.
- My favorite feature about this specific Board is ASUS 5-Way Optimization that makes you serene while using it. This is a process that automatically overclocks the CPU and fine-tunes all the fans so that the process will continue without any effort required from your end.
- By using the USB stick, you can update the BIOS by just pressing the buttons over it.
- Certainly, ASUS is one of the best BIOS manufacturers out there. Everything is put at the perfect place, and you will not face any hassle while navigating.
- It is built with pretty high-end components, and ASUS high-quality overclocking friendly files; RGB lights are also built underneath the Board so you can use color scheme whatever you wish. One thing that really knocks a little bit is the placement of LEDs underneath as these are really far apart from each other. There is room for memory sticks with a maximum ever of 64 gigabytes do DDR4 memory.
I didn’t find a single reason to doubt that this motherboard will not go a long way. Its build quality is quite impressive, and ASUS has really done a fine job by giving it such cool shape and look.
Our experience with this motherboard was the same as we expected.
As far as gaming experience concerned, there’s was no as such a major problem that I should mention here. Also, while running quietly, its sound quality also pulls my attraction. So, with my experience and it’s overall, it can be your good match to pair with ASUS ROG Maximus XI Gene.
ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming ITX
I’m a massive fan of this tiny little powerhouse because they seem to harness quite a lot of power-packed with lots of features in a very small package. Let’s jump in and take a look at its performance as well as features that it got for you.
- Now whereas various IT experts come in and they’re more focused on aesthetics, design rather than their performance. But that doesn’t mean ASRock Z390 has bad design. There are some RGB PCle slots located underside of the Board that can be customized via as rocks polychrome software. The rest of the Board also gives a decent look.
- High-density glass fabric design makes the Board extra resilient to humidity, reducing the gaps between the PCB layers.
- VRM heatsinks are connected via a small heat pipe, and it’s worth mentioning that these are actual heat sinks with a fin array, not those thick aluminum that has been popularized over the last couple of years. The purpose of the fin array is to increase the surface area of the heat sink, and this is means that heat can be dissipated at a faster rate.
- It has also got an additional MDOT slot on the roof for some expansion but definitely, uses the heat sink slot as your first preference. Also, it got 6 USB 3.1 Type-A ports. The addition of Thunderbolt 3 for enthusiast board is a truly standout feature that can increase speeds up to 40 gigabytes per second.
- ASRock Z390 has also got 802 11 AC wifi built-in, and this will have no problem with keeping up 100 megabits per second download speed over wireless.
- To ensure the deliverance of smoothest power to the CPU, you can also monitor the current and temperature of every phase.
- ASRock Z390 has two DIMM slots supporting DDR4 memory modules with speed up to 4500 MHz and a maximum capacity of 32 Gigabytes.
You’ll glad hear that you don’t need to do any of tinkering at all for this Board. Many features make it our one of the best pick, but I don’t find it ideal for gaming.
But its overclocking potential was up to the mark. ASRock Z390 is equipped with the best-in-class VRM frame design that constant power supply and keep it cool. If you intend to overclock your i9 9900k, then we highly recommend this pick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hopefully, this piece of writing has helped you out in choosing the best motherboard for i9-9900k. So now you’re excited to build a powerful system that delivers stellar performance? Choose wisely and take the aspects above into consideration while choosing. That’s it for today! Do not forget to tell your opinion in comment section.