You may see sim not provisioned mm#2 error while swapping sim cards. In this article, you will see a simple fix that you can apply to get rid of this error.
So, what that sim not provisioned mm#2 error means? Let’s take a look.
- What is ‘sim not provisioned mm#2’ and why does this happen?
- Old SIM showing “SIM not provisioned MM2” error
- What’s the “SIM Not Provisioned for Voice” Error?
- What does “SIM two Not Provisioned” Error Mean?
- Five Methods to Fix “SIM Not Provisioned” Errors
- The “SIM Not Provisioned MM 2” Error, Fixed!
What is ‘sim not provisioned mm#2’ and why does this happen?
If you are seeing this error, this means your sim is having some issues mentioned below. If the “SIM not provisioned MM2” error is found, you are able to trace it to among the following:
- You purchased a new phone with a brand new SIM card.
- You are transferring relationships to a brand new SIM card.
- Your SIM card’s service provider is having a problem for the time being with their authorization system.
- Your mobile network provider’s server is unavailable (in case you are going with an iPhone, the Apple server must also be online).
There is a difficulty with the placement of the SIM card.
Some other SIM error messages could possibly occur, based on the circumstances of yours. For example, if the SIM card is locked to a specific phone, if you place it in a brand new unit you might envision the “SIM not valid” message. Unlocking the SIM is going to let you work with it in any suitable phone. You can do this by calling your SIM’s service provider and following the instructions that they give you.
Old SIM showing “SIM not provisioned MM2” error
With a new SIM, getting this type of error is very common. Although, if you were using an old SIM card and it had just started giving out that message about the SIM card not working correctly, then, following might be the reasons for this category of error:
- Your SIM portal is not clean and requires proper cleansing. Reinserting the SIM card inside the sanitized SIM card slot will remove this error.
- Every SIM has a life, and it might have gotten too old. Replacing it with a new SIM card can resolve this issue.
What’s the “SIM Not Provisioned for Voice” Error?
A mistake that is developing in frequency is “SIM not provisioned for voice.” It generally occurs on devices attached to the Google Fi network (a mix of mobile and Wi-Fi networks).
Generally, this error means you can’t make voice calls. The steps below should assist with solving this.
What does “SIM two Not Provisioned” Error Mean?
If the “SIM not provisioned” error sets a number, subsequently it’s virtually certainly since you are using a dual SIM phone. Each slot is numbered, therefore you may see “SIM one not provisioned” and “SIM two not provisioned” errors.
Five Methods to Fix “SIM Not Provisioned” Errors
- Restart The Phone of yours
- Correctly Insert the SIM Card
- Activate Your SIM Card
- Contact The Carrier of yours or perhaps Network Provider
- Get a New Sim card
1. Restart The Phone of yours
It might look improbable, but just switching off the cell phone of yours is able to conquer the SIM not provisioned fault.
Take the typical steps to restart the cell phone and wait. A couple of moments later you will notice that the error message doesn’t appear, and the SIM card of yours is activated.
2. Correctly Insert the SIM Card
In case the matter is not together with the SIM card’s activation or maybe the system, in that case it may just be an ill fitting SIM. This could be because of issues with the form of the SIM itself or maybe a badly created SIM card slot (or perhaps caddy).
To check out whether the SIM is properly seated, switch from the phone of yours, now get the SIM card:
- If you have an earlier or maybe less expensive phone, locate the SIM card by opening the rear panel. You might have to eliminate the battery to get into the SIM card slot.
- With flagship phones, or perhaps those with no removable batteries, the SIM card slot is typically in the edge of the handset. This Is usually a caddy upon which the SIM card sits – you will need a little SIM eject tool opened. Search for a tiny gap around the edge of the telephone of yours and drive the device in to eject the SIM.
Note: Make sure you eliminate the SIM card rather than the microSD storage card.
Taking out the SIM card could be challenging. You might have to use tweezers or perhaps jimmy it out from underneath if a removable battery is involved. Together with the SIM card removed, give it a blow, and maybe rapid dust with a lint-free cloth.
Replace the cleaned SIM card, being careful to place it as told. There’s often a sticker next on the SIM card slot, or even an engraving illustrating the SIM’s right orientation.
Replace the SIM card in the phone of yours, and energy up once again. The “SIM not provisioned” mistake must not appear. If it can, try out the SIM on another telephone.
3. Activate Your SIM Card
In many instances, a SIM card is activated automatically within twenty-four hours to be placed in a brand new phone. If this does not happen, three options are generally readily available to enable activation:
- Phone an automated number
- Send an SMS
- Log onto the activation webpage on the carrier’s site All these choices are straightforward and quick but hinge on if the carrier supports them.
- In many instances, the SIM of yours must be triggered, so the “SIM not provisioned” error is solved.
4. Contact The Carrier of yours or perhaps Network Provider
If the SIM will not activate, it is time to create a call (from an additional device!) to your network or perhaps carrier. Explain for them the error message and also the actions you have taken thus far.
As mentioned above, there might be a concern with the activation server, which could stop the SIM card of your activating. This will result in the “SIM Not Provisioned” error message.
The carrier of yours will generally keep you on the series even though they check out the problem. If it’s an issue with the activation server, there might be a bit of delay in obtaining the SIM activated. On the positive side, you will have a reason behind the error along with a likely date for resolution.
5. Get a New Sim card
You could call the network of yours because of this, but you will most likely find it is quicker to head to a neighborhood phone shop. Better still, a department of the network of yours or perhaps a franchise outlet.
They will have the ability to jog diagnostics on the SIM card and also ideally solve the “SIM not provisioned MM2” error. Do not be concerned in case they repeat several of the actions you have by now attempted, as this’s an element of the diagnostic procedure.
If it means you want a brand new SIM card, this should not be a problem. The shop is going to have the resources in place to control the swap and connect the brand new SIM with your bank account.
The “SIM Not Provisioned MM 2” Error, Fixed!
Be aware this error is only going to affect mobile devices that use SIM cards. So long as the SIM is suitable, and fits into the slot, these repairs will work.
By this time you need to comprehend the reason why the phone of yours is exhibiting the “SIM not provisioned MM2” error message. Remember, you’ve 5 choices to fix this error:
- Restart the phone of yours
- Look at the SIM is properly seated
- Correctly activate the SIM of yours
- Contact the carrier of yours for help
- Obtain a new SIM card If not one of these things works, then you will have to speak to your carrier/network provider to request an alternative card.
Frequently Asked Questions
The phrase ‘provisioning’ is the process applied for setting up infrastructures of IT. Provisioning involves the steps which are required to access the data and resources of the service provider. The step after provisioning is configuration.
Any SIM card issued (subscriber identity module) identifies that particular person who is currently using it. Thus, the service providers’ carrier provisioning services are given to that specific SIM card after activation.
Consequently, “SIM not provisioned mm#2” actually means that there is no longer a line of service attached to that SIM card.
You might have inserted the SIM card in the opposite direction. Additionally, the SIM slot of your phone can be loose, as a result, it is not able to make a connection with the reader of the device. Furthermore, dust can get accumulated over the SIM card reader, causing it to function abnormally.
SIM card or UICC number is separate from IMEI number. IMEI number of every mobile device is unique and it can be used for tracking or locating a specific device. Whereas, SIM card or UICC number refers to the removable card in the device.