- Firstly log in to your router’s admin panel.
- Go to Advanced Setting and locate System Log.
- From there, click on the General Log tab.
- Now click the Clear button to clear the previously collected logs. This action will make the Logs page completely blank.
- Now go to your OpenVPN profile and click Activate. You can do this by going to the VPN option and clicking on VPN Client.
- A new connection log will appear.
- Return to Advanced Settings > System Log > General Log.
- From there, you can see the new connection logs.
How to Review Browsing History on ASUS Routers?
Even though everyone can now delete their web browsing history, surfing logs are created at the router’s back-end profile, where one can go and check them out. To check and review the browsing history on ASUS routers, perform the below-mentioned steps:
- Log in to your router’s profile by visiting http://router.asus.com/.
- Locate the General section and click on Adaptive QoS.
- Click on Web History.
- If your Web History is toggled off, turn it on.
- You will see a drop-down list. From there, you can select the device you want to monitor.
- The list of websites visited via those devices will appear, and you can check them out one by one.
- If you want to update the list, click on Refresh at the bottom of the list.
How do I clear my WiFi Router History?
The process of clearing WiFi router history is pretty straightforward. You can do this by:
- Go to System Log/Administration Log on the navigation bar of your router’s control panel.
- Your router’s system log will appear on a new page.
- Locate the Clear Log button and click on it.
- Your entire router’s WiFi history and logs will be cleared.
Can anyone see my Internet History if I use their WiFi?
WiFi routers track your internet history and keep logs of every website that you visit. If a WiFi owner wants, they can see your internet usage history as your browsing history is not hidden from the owner.
Also, WiFi admins can use a packet sniffer to intercept your personal and private data from your mobile or IoT device connected to that network.
Do VPNs Hide My Search History?
Your search history is stored locally in your browser. Even if you are using a VPN, no one can see what you are doing over the internet like no one can track and trace your activities. However, your search history will be locally stored on your browser.
So, as a prevention, you can manually remove your search history or use a private browser so that your internet search history does not get stored locally.
Is Private Browsing Worth it?
The primary purpose of private browsers is to prevent your browser from storing data locally like search history, browsing history, cookies, and trackers. But it does not hide your online activity from your ISP, router, and the websites you visit online.
So, that’s why we recommend people to use both a VPN service in addition to a private browser for a completely anonymous experience online.