Do you need to record Steam gameplay on your computer? For gamers, Steam can be a cloud-based gaming library allowing users to use any PC to play games they download or buy to their Steam accounts. Some excellent gaming moments are worth recording. For instance, some gamers try to record the last 30 seconds on Steam and game achievement.
However, Steam gameplay needs many PC resources like memory and disk resources; standard gameplay may even create game shuttering with FPS drop or Steam network not connecting, not to mention playing games while recording Steam Gameplay.
Some users may find games lagging when they record gameplay on a computer. Or some gamers simply do not understand how to record the game.
How to Record Steam Gameplay on PC?
If a gamer is using Windows 10, Microsoft provides an inbuilt game recording software named Game Bar. However, users who use PC on Mac or Windows 10 need professional game recording software to record gameplay on Steam without any lag. Before you start recording your gaming video, you have to make sure that the network runs well and would not cause any lag or delay, thus damaging the quality of video game recording.
1. Record Steam Gameplay Without Game Delay
When users are looking for a game recording, it is a general requirement that the recording will not cause game delay.
Unfortunately, gameplay may slow down your PC. so computer freezing may worsen if users do game recording while playing video games. In this way, iFun Screen Recorder is recommended for users to record Steam games without delay by its robust features.
Some users confirmed that iFun Screen could take screenshots and record videos of any formats such as MP4, FLV, MOV, TS, and Gif. The video recording procedure on this application does not take up much CPU and memory, therefore ensuring the resource required by demanding video games.
iFun Screen Recorder is a third-party yet safe and quick in helping gamers record Steam games video without any lags.
Therefore, users can easily realize gameplay recording and steam with this software’s help. You can also record video games with or without sound, and you can start recording anytime during the game.
- Install and Run iFun Screen Recorder.
- Choose a window like fixes ratio (4:3), full screen, and fixed ratio (16:9).
- Select to turn on the webcam to allow game video recording.
Users can also turn off or on speaker, mouse, mic, or webcam. If you allow a speaker and microphone, it implies that you are trying to record the gameplay with audio.
- The application will provide you with a three-second countdown.
The gameplay recording starts.
- Tick the stop icon to stop recording the video from the whole game.
- Navigate to screen recorder software to view, edit, delete or share the recorded gameplay videos.
Now users can capture a video game, and, usually, you can take screenshots of specific screens during Steam gameplay, for instance, the ultimate results of the game on your computer like documents. If required, you can also upload gaming videos on Steam to share your gaming achievements.
2. Record Steam Gameplay with Windows Inbuilt Game Bar
Microsoft specially designs game Bar to record screens and video clips. Therefore, If you do not need to download a third-party video game recorder application, it is feasible for you to record computer gameplay while playing video games using this Windows inbuilt video recorder.
You have to check the smoothness of the network to make sure that you can play the game and record videos without any delays. You must also follow the below-mentioned steps to enable the Game Bar feature on your PC.
- Navigate to the Start >Settings >Gaming.
- Under the Gaming tab, go to Game Bar, turn on Record game clips, screenshots, and broadcast using Game Bar.
- Once you have turned on the Microsoft Game Bar feature, you can easily open it with its shortcut.
- Press Windows + G to open the Game Bar.
- Check the box of YES; if it is a game.
This box appears in that Game Bar is initially used by Microsoft to enhance the complete gaming experience, so it is one of the significant features of Gaming settings. You can consider other programs like a game when you try to screen record on your PC.
- Tick START to begin video recording. You can also click the speaker icon to record Steam gameplay with audio.
- Tick the red button to stop the video recording.
This way, game recording using the inbuilt video recording app is completed.
- In Gaming settings, under Game DVR, open the folder.
- Check the recorded gaming video.
Likewise, gamers can also view, edit and share the recorded games on Steam.
3. Record Steam Gameplay with OBS
OBS is an open-source screen recorder that many Steam users use. Not only OBS can record video games on Steam, but it also steams your gameplay to YouTube, Twitch, and more.
OBS also records Steam Direct X 10/11/12, OpenGL games on Steam at up to 120 FPS.
- Download and install the OBS application on your PC. To install this app, you have to run its auto-configuration wizard, which may change your PC’s resolution settings, encoder, bitrate, recording, and more.
- To record the video game and its audio on Steam, make sure you pick suitable audio devices. Also, you can adjust volume levels in the mixer section of its main window.
- Sources are what you need to record with the OBS app. To record video games on Steam, tick Game Capture. If you need to add a webcam, tick the video capture device.
- Open the video game on Steam and tick Start Recording on the OBS app to record your gameplay.
In this blog, TechNinjaPro has covered the best three Steam gameplay recorders to capture video on your PC. You may select any of them based on your needs, and you can also capture your PC screen while streaming in a broad range of ways.
Most novices and professional gamers use the software mentioned above because they provide a user-friendly interface and high-quality recorded output.