Is PureVPN not working efficiently for you? You do not have to worry at all. Even though this virtual private network may cause issues occasionally, the VPN provider has an excellent customer service support team who are ready to solve most problems at a moment’s notice. Check out the best free VPNs recommended by TechNinjaPro.
This is why PureVPN is recommended for virtual private network users who need easy solutions to any technical problem sine all virtual private networks inevitably do experience issues every now and then. In this blog, TechNinjaPro will discuss some of the common problems with PureVPN and its quick fixes.
Unable to Connect PureVPN
If you are unable to connect to PureVPN, follow the quick steps mentioned below:
- Make sure that your PureVPN username and password are correct.
- Switch between different PureVPN protocols.
- Switch between different locations.
- Third-party apps and other security apps can block virtual private network connections. Therefore, disable all third-party apps and try again.
- If you are connected to a wifi router, check for PPTP, L2TP, and IPSec pass-through options under the security tab and enable them. If you do not have L2TP and PPTP, disable the router firewall and try again.
An Easy Guide for PureVPN not Working Issues
If your PureVPN app is not connecting on your Android, Mac, Windows, or any device, then here is what you need to do to fix it.
1. Try different servers
Generally, PureVPN connection issues are linked with specific malfunctioning servers. If you cannot connect to your preferred server for any reason, try a different but nearby server. Keep trying different locations until you discover one that is working perfectly. VPN servers can go offline without any prior notice due to technical issues and are often fixed quickly by the VPN providers themselves. Furthermore, some VPN servers may not be reachable from your particular internet service provider, depending on where you are located.
The fine thing is that PureVPN has a vast collection of available servers, having more than 6000 of these distributed in around 140 locations worldwide. So, even if a server goes down, you could be able to find a perfect replacement without any serious difficulty.
2. Checking for subscription
PureVPN offers a variety of subscription plans, but they all have an expiry date. If your PureVPN is not connecting, then make sure that your PureVPN subscription is still active. It sounds clear, but you would be amazed how many people fail to understand that the only problem they are experiencing is that when their subscription runs out. If your PureVPN subscription has ended, then you will need to renew it by selecting one of the paid plans PureVPN is currently offering.
3. Re-logging in your PureVPN app
If you cannot find any specific problem to fix, the perfect solution is to log out of the PureVPN app and log back into the PureVPN app. Without doing much, simply reinstalling the PureVPN app can fix various connectivity problems automatically. Follow the steps mentioned below to log out of the PureVPN app.
- Click the settings from the top right corner of the PureVPN app.
- Click Logout.
- In the end, click Yes to confirm logout.
4. Update the VPN app
If you are using an outdated version of the PureVPN app, it might be time to update it to an updated version. An outdated app provides rise to bugs and glitches that can stop the proper functioning of the virtual private network. In addition, it is essential to use updated applications because they contain security improvements. Since a virtual private network’s primary purpose is to make you more protected over the web. It is strongly recommended to use the updated PureVPN app for optimum security and performance.
5. Change PureVPN protocols
PureVPN provider multiple virtual private network protocols. It uses OpenVPN by default which offers the best combination of security and speed. However, if the application provides issues and you have tried the above-mentioned tips to no avail, you should definitely experiment with different protocols. Here is how you can change virtual private network protocols in PureVPN’s Windows app:
- Launch the PureVPN and click settings.
- On the left side, click on App settings> selected protocol.
- Select a different protocol other than the one you are connected to, starting with UDP and TCP.
It is crucial to remember that L2TP and PPTP are not recommended protocols to use due to security vulnerabilities. You should start switching between UDP and TCP, as some countries block either TCP/UDP or both of these network protocols. For example, UDP is blocked in the Middle East. Some internet service providers may block other protocols. So, if you are experiencing slow speeds or connectivity issues with PureVPN, you should try other network protocols to see which one works the best.
6. Resetting Network Settings
Due to Windows updates, your wifi connection might not work. If you cannot access the internet with or without PureVPN connected, here is how you can reset all network adapters on your PC:
- Open Network Settings.
- Click on Network & Internet.
- Click on the Status option.
- Next, under the Advanced network settings option, tick on the Network reset option.
- Click on the Reset now button.
- In the end, click on the Yes button to confirm.
7. Change your Firewall settings
Firewall and other security apps can often interfere with PureVPN’s connection. You can temporarily disable your firewall and then try connecting to the PureVPN again. If it works efficiently, this proves that the virtual private network problems you face are due to your security programs blocking the virtual private network.
To stop this from happening, you should add PureVPN as an exception in your firewall. This will ensure that your security issues continue offering you protection from malware while also allowing PureVPN to connect without any interference.
8. Change your DNS Configuration
If you cannot browse the internet even when connected to PureVPN, you might need to change your DNS server. Follow the steps detailed below to solve this problem:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Tick on the Network and Internet option.
- Click on the Network and Sharing Center.
- Now, Tick on the Change Adapter Settings.
- Choose the network you are currently connected to> right click on the network and click on properties.
- Tick on the IPv4 option and open its properties.
- Use the following DNS server address and type in 220.127.116.11 or 18.104.22.168.
- Tick on Ok and close.
9. Reset TCP/IP Protocol
Follow the steps listed below to reset the TCP/IP protocol.
- Go to the search bar and type in CMD.
- Right tick on Command Prompt and click on Run as administrator.
- Type netsh int IP reset resetlog.txt.
- In the end, restart your PC and connect to PureVPN.
10. Crossing the multi-login limit
Make sure you are not using PureVPN on devices than the maximum limit that it can simultaneously support. PureVPN does not allow 10+ simultaneous connections with the same account. So, if you are sharing your PureVPN account with too many friends at the same time, you would not be able to connect to the VPN unless you reduce simultaneous usage within the allowed limit of 10 devices per account. Therefore, if you have PureVPN on Firestick, PCs, smartphones, and other devices, you will need a single subscription to protect all your devices at once.
11. Check your internet connectivity
If you are in trouble with PureVPN not connecting after trying all the steps mentioned above, something might be at the root of the issue. It is a common mistake when a user thinks the virtual private network is at fault when the issue is simply that your connection is down for some reason.
To check if your internet connection is still working, try to surf the internet normally after quitting PureVPN. If you cannot connect to any site without PureVPN activated, then using the virtual private network would not make any difference either since your internet is the root of the issue.
PureVPN is a powerful virtual private network, and it does tend to develop a few issues in its app. These troubleshooting tips mentioned above in this blog should help you get PureVPN working perfectly. If you need help, you can always count on the incredibly helpful customer support staff of PureVPN for instant resolution of your issues.