Nowadays, who has the time to code for hours to create a website or application manually? Manually developing applications is an arduous task that requires hours of mental effort and struggle. Hence it comes as no surprise that learning to manual coding scares people away.
However, low-code platforms are changing this situation. Now anyone can use low-code software and solutions to build both simple and complex apps to meet their needs. All the advanced enterprises and development companies are utilizing low-code platforms for application development to enhance the productivity and overall performance of their teams.
The businesses and development companies that are stuck with traditional and out-of-date manual coding are struggling to keep up with their competitors. Hence such companies are also increasingly moving towards low-code development platforms for application development to save time and improve productivity. Several surveys have pointed out that by 2024 low-code application development will be used by about 65% of the developers to develop the application. However, if you are a developer or businessman who hasn’t heard about low-code development, then you are in the right place because, in this article, I will be discussing low-code development platforms in detail. So let’s start without further ado.
- What is Low-code technology?
- Features of low-code development features
- How can a low-code platform help you in streamlining your CRM?
- What can you create while using a Low-code platform?
- Seven significant benefits of using a Low-code platform
What is Low-code technology?
Low-code technology is an advanced coding technique that requires little to no manual coding to develop a website and application. It uses simple visual interfaces and user-friendly drag and drop that can be used to code and create applications or websites.
No extensive coding or software development knowledge is required to use low-code Softwares; hence even layman can utilize it efficiently. Anyone can use low code solutions to develop business applications for multiple purposes, i.e., accessing data, collaborating, and enhancing productivity.
Features of low-code development features
You are familiar with what low-code software is, so now it is time to learn about various features of low-code development. The features are:
- Visual Modeling Tools: The visual model helps in creating applications. It is faster than creating applications through manual coding. The most significant advantage of visual modeling tools is that they present information in a form that is understandable to everyone, from professional developers to business people with little knowledge of coding.
- Out of Box Functionality: A Low-code platform provides Out of the box functionality, which reduces the need to create modules from scratch for application development. Most low-code systems are already equipped with modules for various kinds of application development, i.e., customer application, data management applications or service management apps, etc.
- Drag and Drop Interfaces: The drag and drop interface is part of every low-code platform. It is one of the most useful and appealing features. It is responsible for making the development process of application very easy. The developers can use add and drop elements to build their required applications.
- Reusability: Reusability is one of the essential aspects of out of the box functionality of a Low-code platform. Most Low-code development platforms conveniently allow the user to reuse plug-ins, modules, and other solutions to develop applications. Hence the core functions and modules can be reused again and again to create several applications.
- Cross-platform accessibility: The low-code platform can be accessed and run on any device without any hassle.
- Cross-platform Compatibility: The cross-platform compatibility allows the user to develop apps that can be used on all kinds of devices and platforms.
- Security: Most Low code platforms offer high-end security to protect their clients and applications. Make sure you check the security policy of the low-code solution before you start using it because an insecure solution can be targeted by hackers easily and can cause dreadful repercussions.
- Scalability: An excellent low-code platform should be scalable because, with time, people will create complex apps for more users. The applications built on low-code platforms can handle more users as the businesses grow, and more users join the app.
- Reporting and Monitoring: The applications that are developed utilizing the low-code platform can monitor their performance and process to keep track of their workflow and efficiency. These apps can even track the performance of other apps. Hence you can get complete performance analysis with an application developed on a low-code platform.
- Application Lifecycle Management: Application Lifecycle Management gives users access to vital information about apps and their development. It also gives them the option to go back to the previous version of the app if the application is not working correctly after upgrading.
How can a low-code platform help you in streamlining your CRM?
CRM stands for Customer Relations Management. It consists of the technologies, techniques, and solutions that manage the relationship of a company with potential and current clients.
A low-code platform enables the business to create applications that will help them in interacting with their customers. The applications can also be used to provide exceptional services to clients.
Plus, business companies can also develop apps that optimize and regulate their work. Such apps can be used in various departments without significant changes. Since using a low-code platform is very easy, every department can develop its app for specific uses. The applications created on a low-code platform can also be used to track the performance of the team, which can make the works of managers way easier.
What can you create while using a Low-code platform?
Now you are familiar with the low-code platform and its features. So let’s talk about what you can develop while utilizing a Low-code platform.
- Customer Engagement Apps: Big enterprises can use the low-code platform to build enterprise-grade apps that can handle complex tasks very quickly. Low-code software can be used to develop simple customer-facing applications to more advanced and useful customer engagement applications.
- Operational Efficiency Optimization Apps: A low-code platform can be used to create apps that overview processes and operations to maximize the efficiency of workflow. These apps can be handy to businesses as they reduce costs and the risk of error.
- Business Process: Business apps can use low-code software to develop applications to automate workflow and business processes.
- User Interface and Business logic: Apps can be created with low-code software to configure business logic, data models, and user interface, etc.
Seven significant benefits of using a Low-code platform
Before ending this discussion on the low-code platform, let me throw light on seven significant benefits of using low-code platform development.
- Time-efficient: As said earlier, who has time to sit and work hard for hours to code applications and various other tools manually. The templates, prebuilt plug-ins, and code snippets of low-code platforms help the developers in building applications in less time. It improves productivity and allows the developers to meet the demands of the clients in the market.
- Cost-effective: Low-code solutions help layman in coding, so companies have to spend less on the IT teams and formal programming developers. Business enterprises are always eager to save money, so it comes as no surprise that more of them are opting for the low-code platform. Hence it not only helps the businesses in generating their apps real fast but also cuts back money spent on programming and coding.
- Improved Security: Every low-code system has its security features, i.e., access control and admin tools, etc. These tools help the company in keeping the information of their clients and employees safe. Hence the apps created by low-code means are safer as compared to other third-party apps that can cause several security threats.
- Efficient Business and IT Cooperation: The Low-code platform can be used to develop apps that can make collaboration across various departments of a business firm easier and effective. Such apps can also be used to make cooperation between two different enterprises possible.
- Reduces IT backlog: IT teams of most enterprises are always overburdened, and the IT backlog forces the companies to invest in third-party apps that cause security and data risks. However, a low-code platform enables everyone to develop and create apps, so any employee of the company can make the required apps without disturbing the IT team. Hence low-code tools help enterprises in reducing IT backlog and in avoiding risky applications.
- Enhanced CRM: I have already discussed that low-code platform software can be used in various ways to enhance CRM. Companies can build their app according to their ideology to suit the unique needs of their business and clients. This will bridge the gap between company and client and built a relationship of trust between them.
- Accelerates digital transformation: Nowadays, every business must have automated operations and processes to be able to meet the demands of the public and the business industry. The low-code solution does precisely this for business companies; it enhances the digital transformation by assisting the organization in adapting and moving ahead.
Now you know everything you need to know about the low-code development platform. It is the future of the digital world, and it is also accelerating digital transformation. If you are a business owner, you should consider investing in it. If you are a professional developer, then it’s time for you to leave the manual coding behind and move to a low-code platform. If you are neither, you should try a low-code platform. Who knows where it might lead you? The possibilities are endless. So go ahead and develop your app. Good Luck.