Instagram is one of the leading social media apps with around a billion monthly users all over the world. Recently, Instagram introduced a short video platform known as Reels. Reels is a bit similar concept to the TikTok app. You can use many effects, transitions, music, and more to create a short video. Instagram has to keep up with Instagram creators by providing numerous new upgrades and features.
With Reels, users can record or upload a short video clip of 20 to 30 seconds. Users can also include music by using Instagram’s Music Library, visual effects, and filters to make your video look even more impressive.
All the upgrades and features are no doubt unique, and some of you think that Instagram’s Reels feature is highly recommended to TikTok. On the other hand, even if it is a useful feature, still some users have complained that sometimes Instagram’s Reels option disappears on Instagram, and sometimes it does not work they it has to.
So, if Instagram’s Reels feature is not working on your phone, then there is no need to get worried. In this blog, TechNinjaPro will discuss fixing Instagram Reels not working error with more effective solutions. So let’s get started.
Top 5 Fixes For Instagram Reels Not Working Error
There could be many reasons why the Instagram Reels feature is not working or showing on your app. It could be that users have not updated your Instagram application in a while, or the accumulation of application cache could be yet another reason why Instagram Reels is not working.
You can try clearing the application cache (Settings > Apps > Instagram > Storage > Clear cache).
Here are the possible ways to fix Instagram Reels not working.
1. Your Instagram Application Needs to be Updated
You must update your Instagram application if you cannot see Reels. Installing the compatible application version is especially necessary if you recently updated your device’s OS.
If you want to update your Instagram app, you can do so by visiting App Store or Google Play Store. Find the app by searching for Instagram. The update button pops up if the Instagram app needs an update. Download it and check if the Instagram Reels not working error is fixed.
The outdated Instagram version might be the reason why the Instagram Reels option is not working. You can update Instagram from the App Store or Play Store.
- Open the App Store or Google Play Store on your device.
- Type Instagram in the search bar and press Enter.
- Select the Instagram app and click on the Update button.
- After the Instagram app is updated, open it and go to the search section.
- Refresh the app and reels stated shown in the Instagram app.
2. Report Instagram Reels no Working Error to Instagram
If your app is already updated and still Instagram Reels not working appears, then the error is not in your Instagram app or phone. This might be happening because your Instagram account is not blessed with the Reels feature. In this case, you have to report an error to Instagram.
Once you raise a complaint about this error, the Instagram Technical executives will soon look into it and fix it for you.
- Open the Instagram application and log in to your account.
- Navigate to your profile by tapping on the profile icon at the bottom right side of the screen.
- Tick on the three dots at the top and choose the Settings.
- Scroll down and tick on the help button.
- Click on the Report a Problem.
- Type the below message in the message tip box. You can also upload error screenshots if you need them.
- Tick on the submit button.
- Within 48 hours, Instagram Reels options start working.
Message Tip: I cannot find the Instagram Reels option even after updating the app to the latest version from Play Store. Kindly enable the Reels feature in my Instagram ASAP. Thanks
3. Join the Instagram Beta Program
If the error is not yet fixed after updating the Instagram app, try signing up for the Beta version of this application. For your information, Instagram allows you to participate in its Beta version to test out the new features rolled out in the Instagram app. Here are the steps to join the Beta version.
- Open the Google Play Store on your device and search for Instagram.
- Open it and scroll down. You will see a join button under Join the Beta version option. Tick on it.
- After a few minutes, you will be added to the Beta version of Instagram. Now update the application again and see if the Instagram Reels option appears or not.
Note: It can take up to 24 hours for the error to resolve by this technique; if it does not fix, move toward the next solution.
4. Re-install Your Instagram App
The possible solution that might work for you is to reinstall the app. There is a bit chance that a bug may have affected your Instagram app, causing an error with the Reels feature.
To remove the bug, try uninstalling the app and then reinstalling the Instagram application to see if the error is fixed or not.
5. Clear Your Cache Memory
This solution is to clear the cache memory, Over time, cache and other data get collected, and it may affect the performance of your Instagram application. To see if the Instagram Reels error is cache-related, it is recommended to clear the cache memory of the Instagram app. In fact, it is essential to remove cache memory from time to time. Follow the steps to clear cache memory.
- Open the Device Settings.
- Scroll down and search for the Apps option. Tick on it.
- Search for the Instagram application from the app section and tick on it.
- You will see a clear data option, pick it, and then clear the cache. Confirm the process.
Now check if the Instagram Reel not working error is resolved or not.
There are many reasons why the Instagram Reels feature is not working on your account. It could be that you have not updated your Instagram application in a while. The accumulation of the application cache could be another reason why Instagram Reels is not working. Try updating the Instagram app and clearing the existing app cache.
The most significant reason you might not be able to upload a Reels could be a weak internet connection. You can try logging out from your Instagram account and then re-logging in and check if you are able to upload a Reel.
Instagram Reel is a perfect feature with which you can express your feeling and yourself in just 15 seconds or less and too by using hundreds of filters and music. TechNinjaPro has discussed some possible fixes that can be used to resolve the possible Instagram Reels not working error.