Cybercriminals are always sharpening their tools. If your mobile phone has started behaving randomly, you might be left thinking ” who is controlling my phone?”. In this blog, TechNinjaPro will discuss the quick tell tale signs to know if your mobile phone has been hacked or not. Let’s discuss how your phone can be hacked and specify and remove a hacker from your phone.
How your mobile phone can be hacked
There are numerous ways to hack your mobilephone. Some do not need advanced tech knowledge:
- SIM swap attack: By using this SIM swap attack, cybercriminals can transfer your mobilephone number to their SIM card and capture your accounts.
- Spyware that collects your information: Some spy applications are pretty simple to get hold of and can be used by a person without any IT knowledge. A person can install a spy app by getting direct access to your mobilephone. This allows them to monitor your phone activities remotely.
- You might receive malware via public wifi network. Cybercriminals can set up fake wifi networks called evil networks to redirect you to malicious sites or steal information via USB cable at a charging station.
- Phishing email messages, text, or Facebook with malicious links install malware and steal your private information.
- You might download malware from malicious websites while downloading applications or by clicking on malicious links or popups.
How to know if your mobile phone is hacked
Have you ever doubted ” Is my mobilephone hacked?” Let’s discuss some signs
- You note something you do not identify on your phone. For example, applications that you did not download, messages you did not send, and suspicious phone calls.
- When your mobilephone works slow, it uses way more battery power and becomes hotter than usual. Spyware working in the background might reduce its strength significantly.
- Mysterious information usage spikes without any changes in your area. Malicious procedures might be consuming your mobilephone data in the background as they track what you do.
- If you notice a lot of popups appearing on your screen, you possibly have malware or spyware.
How to know if your mobile phone camera is hacked
If you think that your mobilephone camera was hacked, there are many signs that someone else is using it remotely. For example, you may notice videos and photos in your gallery that you do not remember taking. Certainly, you can accidentally record something, but if you keep finding new ones, it is a symptom that someone might have control over your camera. Both camera and flash need various resources and battery power. Therefore, if someone is remotely controlling your mobilephone, you will notice it getting very hot even when not using it.
How to remove a hacker from my mobile phone
- Change your passwords immediately. You can use the NordVPN app to store your complex and strong passwords.
- Run anti-malware software to detect any malicious processes and apps. Just ensure you use reliable and safe security software that does not track and gather your private information.
- Turn off your mobilephone data and wifi when not using them. This might stop a malicious application from using your information and disrupt its activity if it uses an online connection.
- Remove the suspicious applications immediately. If your security application does not find anything or has any, it is still a perfect idea to delete any applications you downloaded right before the issues start appearing.
- Inform your contacts and friends and train them to ignore suspicious messages coming from you.
- Prevent broadcasting your private hotspot when in public, making it easier for cyberattackers to breach your mobile device.
- Restore your mobilephone to its factory settings.
How to block hackers from my mobile phone
To stop your mobilephone from being hacked, do the following:
- Turn off your hotspot when in public.
- Stop wifi or charging spots you do not trust. If you use public wifi, never do so without a virtual private network.
- Turn your Bluetooth off when not using it, as it can be an access point for hackers.
- Lock your mobilephone with a lock screen or password.
- Do not let people use your mobilephone.
- Regularly review what applications your mobilephone has to see if there are any you are not aware of.
- Do not open suspicious links, messages, or files.
- Install anti-malware apps and continuously update your software.
- Use a virtual private network for Android or iOS to protect your internet traffic and browser safely.
- Do not use a website you do not trust.
Can hackers hack your mobile phone by calling you?
No, hackers cannot hack your mobilephone directly by calling you. Cyberattackers can contact you, pretending to be someone, and gain access to your private details. With your private information, hackers could start hacking your accounts. But they cannot break into your mobilephone software and modify it through phone calls alone.
Privately browsing with a VPN
Using a virtual private network while connecting to the internet is essential for staying away from problems. VPN hides your IP and encrypts your internet traffic, thus improving your security and privacy. Since hackers would not identify you online and monitor what you are doing on your phone, they will have a few ways to harm you.
A virtual private network is useful if you use public wifi, which is not safe. A VPN encrypts your internet traffic, and you can safely browse wherever you are. NordVPN is a leading app designed for both expert and novice users. Not only does it offer you top-notch encryption, but it also blocks malicious popups and ads, which are an ordinary way to distribute malware.
NordVPN also has a kill switch feature that will disconnect you from the internet if you lose a virtual private network connection. Additionally, a NordVPN account allows you to protect up to 6 devices, so you can have your household protected.
If you are searching to turn your mobilephone into top-notch security, a NordVPN is an answer.