Atieclxx.exe is a file linked to the ATI external event tool for Windows 10. With the adware virus, atieclxx.exe has no visible window. Atieclxx.exe is one of the legit Windows processes often mistaken as malware.
However, malware can disguise itself as atieclxx.exe to infect your PC. Some users who have experienced delays when streaming online videos or playing games have reported seeing the atieclxx.exe in the Task manager but could not remove it.
For some users, you have experienced a slow performance in games, and when you check the CPU usage or memory usage in the Task Manager, you can see that there is a process named atieclxx.exe occupying too much CPU space and RAM.
Regardless of the issue, you have experienced, atieclxx.exe rash or atieclxx.exe cannot end the process. TechNinjaPro will help you learn more about this memory-stealing process. In this blog, TechNinjaPro will discuss what it is and how to remove the atieclxx.exe on Windows 10.
What is Atiedxx.exe?
Like other processes, atieclxx.exe is an AMD external event in the Task Manager that runs in the background like cards.exe and winlogin.exe processes. To be more precise, the atieclxx.exe is coming along with AMD external event module.
So as long as you use an AMD card, there will be an atieclxx.exe process in the Task Manager on Windows 10. The atieclxx.exe process starts every time your PC boots up.
The atieclxx.exe format corresponds to the ATI catalyst control center, which indicates that it is an executable file that can control ATI hotkey features and access file data needed for some tools to run smoothly.
Tip: Run a dedicated tool to remove incorrect settings, harmful applications, junk files, and security threats that can create PC errors or slow performance.
Is Atiedxx.exe a Virus?
So far, people know that atieclxx.exe is an executable file. Though the file is not a virus, some external events may render this file harmful to your PC.
The file uses a significant amount of your PC’s RAM, causing low performance. To determine if the file is safe or not, you check the file location on Windows 10. If it is saved under the C:\Windows\System32 directory, the Atieclxx.exe file is safe to run. However, the same file is stored in C:\Program files; you may face some security errors on your PC. The efficient way to avoid these errors is to remove the file and see if it works for the atieclxx.exe error.
If a user finds this file in the program, make sure that it is not a virus. Most Trojan viruses try to mask their identities by wearing the atieclxx.exe cloak. The atieclxx.exe file can run in the background without being identified. This allows it to steal data and make changes to system files, registries, and start-up patterns.
Some common issues encountered
Here is the list of some common issues that users get while trying to use their PCs.
- Atieclxx.exe is not valid
- App error atieclxx.exe
- Atieclxx.exe is not responding
- Application path not found
- Application execution failed
- Atieclxx.exe file cannot end the process
Keeping a record of when and where these issues occur can be severe in the troubleshooting process.
Best Possible Ways to remove the atieclxx.exe error
Disable atieclxx.exe in services
- To start with, press the Windows Key + R to open the Run box. Once the Run box opens, enter services.msc in the textbox. Press Enter.
- In the Services window, scroll down to find AMD External Events Tool and right-tick it to open the Properties.
- As the properties window appears, find out Startup type and set it as Disabled.
- Finally, press teh Apply button and OK to save the changes. This will stop the file from running the next time your PC boots up.
Remove Atieclxx.exe Automatically
- Install and run IObit Advanced SystemCare.
- Under the Toolbox, click Process Manager to let Advanced SystemCare directly.
- In the IObit Process Manager, locate the atieclxx.exe process and right tick to End Process. Apart from removing this file, it is also available to set priority for atieclxx.exe such as Normal, High, or Low Priority.
- Right tick atieclxx.exe to set Priority Low.
Damage and Issues Caused by atieclxx.exe
First, understand that this is not an unattended virus and instead is bound to bring in so many other infections by exploiting the security and privacy breaches. Therefore, you will face various online and offline performance errors and commit to private data security. Some common issues you may face are:
- Prompts victims to tick on unpleasant notifications to fix issues.
- It shows false alerts claiming that your computer is infected with a virus.
- Blocks access to various legal issues.
- Redirects the site about sponsored malicious websites.
- Automatically turns off crucial processes and records.
Some DLL files are helpfully responsible for performing predefined functions. However, there are malicious files, including malware and browser hijackers, made from DLL files such as atieclxx.exe and change the essential settings of the computer unnecessarily. They allow cyber-criminals to gain access to their workstation.