A virtual private network is among those must-have items about any smart device. Video streaming devices such as Firestick tend to privacy threats. Thus, it is essential to have a separate virtual private network application on your Firestick. You can find many virtual private network services available on the Amazon app store in the VPN category that will do nothing to guard your online privacy. Avast virtual private network is one of the most reliable VPN services available in the world.
It is a familiar name in the antivirus environment. But some of the users did not know that Avast also provides virtual private network services with a dedicated application. The best part about the Avast VPN service is that it supports P2P networking on all servers and has 256-bit military-grade encryption to protect your information. If you are an Avast user, you already know how powerful the application is.
In the virtual private network section, it has the same reputation. Avast is one of the robust virtual private network services and is considered one of the well-liked VPN services by tech experts. It is crucial to install a virtual private network of Firestick to bypass geo-restrictions and prevent your identity secure while streaming. In this blog, TechNinjaPro will discuss the procedure to install Avast VPN on Firestick.
- Highlights of Avast VPN
- Is Avast VPN Application available on Firestick?
- How to Install Avast VPN on Firestick?
- Best Avast VPN alternatives for Firestick
Highlights of Avast VPN
- It has servers in around 50 locations across 34 countries.
- Avast VPN uses 256-bit military-grade encryption, and the servers support P2P networking.
- You can easily bypass geo-restrictions on any streaming platform.
- It is compatible with Mac, Windows, Android, iOS, and Firestick.
- Avast VPN is one of the fastest VPNs as it can deliver up to 2 Gbps.
|Time Period||No of Devices||Price|
|1 year||1||$3.99 per month|
|5||$4.99 per month|
|2 year`||1||$2.99 per month|
|5||$3.99 per month|
|3 year||1||$2.99 per month|
|5||$3.99 per month|
Is Avast VPN Application available on Firestick?
No, Avast VPN’s application is not available on the Amazon App store and Firestick app store. But, that does not indicate you cannot install the Avast VPN on Firestick. There is a solution to sideload the app using the downloader app.
How to Install Avast VPN on Firestick?
The application is not officially available on the Amazon App Store to download on Firestick. Still, you can sideload the Android APK version using the downloader app. TechNinjaPro has listed the steps below to install the Avast VPN app on Firestick.
- Turn on Amazon Firestick and go to Settings from the home screen.
- Select My Fire TV or Device on the settings screen.
- Select the developer option in the following screen.
- Tick on the apps from the Unknown source.
- Select Turn on.
- Now, install and launch the downloader app on Firestick.
- Highlight the URL field by pressing the select button on your remote.
- Type the URL and tick on the Go button.
- Now, the Avast VPN APK will download on your Firestick.
- Once the application is downloaded, tick the install tab on the installation window.
- After installing it, tick Open to launch the Avast virtual private network application or tick Done and then delete the APK file by going through the on-screen prompts.
- Launch the Avast VPN application on your Firestick and log in with the ID & Password used to sign up for Avast’s virtual private network.
- Select the server location you need and tick on the Connect icon on the home screen.
- You can choose the automatic option to select the fastest server.
Best Avast VPN alternatives for Firestick
TechNinjaPro listed the best Avast VPN alternatives for Firestick on the following criteria:
- Makes a Firestick application
- Excellent speeds for high-quality streams
- Unblock streaming services
- No-logs policy
NordVPN is one of the recommended alternatives that make an application specifically for Firestick that you can download and install directly from the Amazon Play Store. You just have to use the search function on your Firestick to find the NordVPN application.
It provides excellent speeds, high-tech security, and a network of servers spanning more than 60 countries. NordVPN can unblock a broad range of streaming services, including BBC iPlayer, Netflix, HBO Max, Hulu, and Amazon Prime Video. It can protect your privacy by robust encryption and a no-logging policy.
NordVPN allows you to connect up to six devices at a time on a single plan. Its applications are available for macOS, iOS, Android, Linux, Windows, and Firestick.
2. Surfshark VPN
Surfshark VPN is another alternative to Avast VPN and provides all of Avast VPN’s functionality and speed for a fraction of the price. If you want a wallet-friendly choice, Surfshark VPN provides cheap plans and allows an unlimited number of devices to connect simultaneously. It will enable you to unblock Hulu, BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Netflix, and much more.
Surfshark VPN’s Firestick application can be downloaded directly from the Firestick app store that comes built into Firestick. It does not compromise on the privacy or security front. Surfshark VPN also provides 256-bit military-grade encryption and a no-logs policy.
ExpressVPN is one of the well-liked alternatives to Avast VPN, but its price is relatively high than some rivals. It pegged blazing fast speeds and was one of the first virtual private network services to make an application for Firestick. ExpressVPN unblocks almost every streaming service you can throw, including BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Netflix, HBO Max, and Amazon Prime Video. It has servers spread across 90 countries.
It provides top-notch security and stores no identifying logs about its users or their internet activity. ExpressVPN will enable you to connect up to five devices at once on a single plan.
PrivateVPN is a Swedish VPN provider, but it provides a service competitive with those of much bigger players. It makes an application specifically for Fire TV that you can download directly from Amazon. PrivateVPN unblocks popular streaming sites, including BBC iPlayer, Hulu, Netflix, HBO Max, and Prime Video. It also provides excellent speed that is fast enough to watch in high definition without buffering and possibly even 4k UHD, depending on the server you use.
Its security is robust, thanks to beefy encryption and a zero-log policy. The applications are easy enough for a beginner to learn in a matter of a minute. But if you have any trouble, live chat support is ready to help. PrivateVPN’s applications are available for macOS, iOS, Android, Windows, and Fire TV.