Your Verizon phone is not already activated when you buy it online. You have to go through an easy process to activate Verizon phone. You can activate your Verizon phone by three methods.
Choose the one that you can do easily, here is a complete guide on how to activate a new Verizon phone. You can activate your Verizon online, on a phone call with the representative or through my Verizon app.
Here are the steps for each method.
- Activating your Verizon Phone Online
- Two-Step Authentication/Verizon activation number
- How to activate Verizon Phone Using My Verizon App?
- How to activate your Verizon phone on a call?
- Activate Verizon Sim card
Select the plan and follow all the steps mentioned. Comment below if you are facing any trouble.
1. Activating your Verizon Phone Online
This is the easiest among all, as you have purchased your Phone online, you will prefer to activate it online too.
Prerequisites to Activate the Verizon phone by yourself online.
To activate your Phone online, you must have My Verizon account. You can make the account on Verizon official website by entering your information.
How to activate Verizon Phone Online?
Once you have a valid My Verizon account, you can go with the following procedure to activate your Verizon phone online.
- Go to the Verizon website and sign in to your my Verizon account.
- Once you have signed in, click on Activate.
- In the next step, we have to check the compatibility. For that, click on Activate a device on an existing lane.
- Now you have to select the line on which you want to connect your Verizon Phone.
Once you have completed the above procedure, Verizon will double-check if your selected line is compatible with your Phone. You will get two options after then, choose the one you like.
- Yes: Select this if you have already used this account with your Phone before.
- NO: Select this if you are activating on the line for the first time. In the next step, you have to provide some information.
Please enter the correct information unless you want to get your account blocked.
In this step, Enter your device ID and click on Check Device.
2. Two-Step Authentication/Verizon activation number
Verizon always takes care of your data and security, that’s why to complete the activation process you have to enter the code received on your registered number with the My Verizon account. To initiate this process,
- Select the phone number you want to choose to receive code.
- Now click on Text me the code.
- You will receive the code on your Phone.
- Enter the 3 digit number to activate Verizon phone in the box and hit enter.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed the Activation process. Now you can use your phone.
There are some other ways to activate your Verizon phone. We have described them in detail.
3. How to activate Verizon Phone Using My Verizon App?
Don’t have a laptop? Don’t worry, and you can also activate your account using your smartphone. You can activate your Verizon mobile online using the smartphone app.
First of all, you have to install my Verizon app from the app store, if it is not already installed on your Phone. Here is a simple, quick setup to activate your Verizon phone using My Verizon app.
- After installing the My Verizon app, open the app.
- Tap on Add device.
- Now tap on Add a device that I already own.
- Enter the required information.
- Enter your device ID.
Done! You have activated your Verizon phone successfully.
4. How to activate your Verizon phone on a call?
This procedure is also pretty simple. In short, you have to provide the required information to the Verizon representative on call, and they will activate your Verizon Phone. Following is the procedure to follow.
The sad part of this procedure is that you can not make a call using your Phone. Thus you have to borrow a phone to make an activation call.
- Insert your sim in the borrowed Phone.
- Dial the Verizon’s official number (877) 807-4646.
- After following a few steps, your call is forwarded to the customer representative.
- He/she will ask for information like your SIM number, your Social security number, and zip code, etc. Just provide the necessary information. Your Phone will be activated in no time. Now turn off the call.
5. Activate Verizon Sim card
Next step is to activate your Verizon sim card.
For that, after terminating the call, you have to do the following process.
- Now you have to enter the SIM in your Verizon phone.
- You will receive a PIN and a security code from Verizon, write that down for activation.
- In a couple of minutes, your sim and your phone will be activated.