Instagram is an application that has grown from its minor beginnings to a major social media platform that has worldwide coverage. The application evolved from a basic photo-sharing application to a tool that has become a staple in many individuals’ lives.
There are many people who even make their daily source of income from the application due to the role of influencing. In almost every country, there is definitely a significant population of users that are regular users of the application.
The fact is that Instagram could delete the Instagram account because of three or four reports from different accounts due to the reason given for reporting the account.
How many reports on Instagram can delete an account?
What exactly are the reasons that could lead to Instagram closing an account?
There are many reasons that Instagram would regard as infractions of Instagram policies, and some of them are:
- Threats: It is against Instagram’s terms of service to threaten other users with comments or private messages. If a user reports an Instagram account for threatening them or other users, that account could be deleted with just enough evidence.
- Abuse: It is important that you avoid all manner of verbal violence if you do not want to get into trouble with Instagram. The app strongly condemns harassment, insults, or intimidation in the comment section or even private chats, and all behavior is strongly frowned upon.
- Spam: Instagram does not view spam content favorably. In fact, it is one of the main reasons users get in trouble with Instagram because they post spam content unknowingly at times. Users who post repetitive comments in which services or products are offered, links are requested; all these types of content can be regarded as spam. If you post spamming comments, your account could get deleted, and you could face the consequences of getting blocked by other Instagram users.
- Copyright: Most pictures and videos on the Internet are copyrighted. Although you may not encounter legal problems when using copyrighted content on your Instagram account, your account will be closed if you are reported.
- Posting sensitive content of another person: Instagram does not allow users to disclose private contact information about a particular user on their own accounts. This covers such details as telephone numbers, card numbers, postal addresses, and identity documents. Such information is meant to be kept personal, and if one user reports another for doing so, the latter’s account can be deleted.
- Animal Violence: Instagram does not tolerate content that depicts the graphic suffering of animals. If your post flouts this rule and Instagram notices it, or you get reported for your content, your account will be deleted immediately.
- Usernames: In the Instagram application, you are not allowed to make use of the Instagram name to include it in your URL or your username without having obtained written consent from Instagram itself. If you decide to break this rule and use their brand name without express permission, you’ll encounter many problems, and your account could get deleted.
- Content for 18+: Instagram prohibits any form of pornography on its site. If a user is found posting explicit photos or videos and the content is reported or noticed, the account will be deleted. Instagram is a social networking tool mainly used by teenagers and adults, so Facebook wants to create a safe space for users to interact with one another. As a result, any adult content is not allowed on Instagram.
- Violent Content: Instagram does not allow users to post anything that has to do with violence on the application. Whenever a user posts something too gory, Instagram will notify the user and ask them to take the post down. If they don’t comply, the whole account might get deleted. Once an account has a track record of posting things like rape, murder, or abuse of any sort, it will eventually get deleted.
- Racism: Instagram is a company that firmly censures racism and other inflammatory actions on its site. Users who post hateful material will be banned from Instagram, accounts will be shut down, and users who support these types of posts will be reported to the site.
- Discrimination: Instagram takes swift action against discrimination of any kind. The platform does not support or allow the posting of content that promotes topics like homophobia, colorism, and other forms of discrimination, and such posts will be removed immediately.
- Identity Fraud: Instagram’s policies explicitly forbid users from pretending to be someone else or impersonating other accounts. Instagram will immediately delete your account once it catches you stealing other people’s identities. Deceitful people make up fake accounts to steal from others, so Instagram does the right thing by shutting them down.