Windows Update is a pretty simple method to stay up with the best and latest Microsoft updates. However, it frequently spikes new problems for most clients. It can bring the kb4023057, preventing the recent update in the computers. kb4023057 has been rolling out over the few days you might have received yours already, and TechNinjaPro’s experts got their earlier today; now kb4023057 enhances the Windows 10 update experience and the consistency of the Windows update service components, which are crucial for a bigger feature update being released later this year.
It looks like with this update Microsoft is getting their house one by one and trying to push things out on the Windows update site a lot more efficiently and smoother now. The Windows update kb4023057 appears to be causing more surprising issues on some PCs, and most of the users were facing ‘2018-11 update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems – error 0x80070643’, which does not allow the users to install this update on their PCs.
In this blog, TechNinjaPro has researched much and summarized some of the efficient methods to educate the users to fix the “2018-11 update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems – error 0x80070643” problem in your PC.
What is “2018-11 Windows 10 Update for Version 1803 For an X64-Based System (Kb4023057) – Error 0x80070643”?
The update for Windows 10 can create some issues on computers, and the majority of the users were confronting the mistake 0x80070643. This imprecision does not permit the users to install this update on their PCs.
What reasons the Error 0x80070643 on Windows Update occur?
TechNinjaPro aggregated some techniques to solve the 0x80070643 Windows 10 errors. While doing this, TechNinjaPro believed that you need to know the reasons because of which it happens, which include:
- A glitch in Windows Installer Service: If the Windows 10 Installer Service has glitches on your PC, this error can occur because the PC cannot properly install the new update on your PC.
- Faulty Update Installation: In some situations, the error 0x80070643 only occurs when you have installed a defective update on your PC, and now while installing the new update, the PC is unable to recognize and process the old installation.
- Third-party Antivirus software: There are some cases where the PC was unable to process the updates for your OS because the third-party antivirus app installed on your computer was stopping it from being able to do so and thus causing the 2018-11 update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems – error 0x80070643.
- System File Damage: If the PC drivers and system files have been improperly installed or damaged due to a storage failure, you may see this error on your PC.
- Improper launched Windows Update Components: In some cases, where the Windows Update components were improperly launched during startup was compromised due to which error 0x80070643 was being triggered while trying to download and install updates on the PC.
- Outdated Drivers: In some cases, the driver you are currently using on your PC may have been outdated and need updates to dispense proper system functionality. Therefore, checking and installing outdated drivers is an excellent way to diagnose these errors.
Efficient Methods to Fix “2018-11 update for windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems – error 0x80070643.”
Many efficient methods are most likely to solve the update for Windows 10 for the x64-based systems. Follow the methods and steps mentioned below carefully.
- Update Using Media Creation Tool
- Removing Corrupted Files via Commands
- Uninstall and Retry Update kb4023057
- Updating Windows Defender Signature
- Run the Troubleshooter
- Check your Disk using the Command Prompt
- Remove newly installed device on your computer
- Update via Microsoft Update Catalog
- Run Dism.exe Command
- Run Automatic Windows Repair
These methods will help you solve your issues by below given solutions.
1. Update Using Media Creation tool
If a user is continuously getting the issue “2018-11 update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems – error 0x80070643, download the media creation tool from Microsoft’s official website. There are two options to update Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool.
- Install without an external hard drive.
- Install with the USB drive.
Install with USB Drive
- Download the tool from the official Microsoft website.
- Copy the Media Creation Tool in your USB drive.
- Restart your PC.
- Press the F12 button on the keyboard to get in boot mode.
- Choose USB drive as boot drive and click enter.
Now update your Windows 10 using a Media Creation Tool, or follow another method.
2. Removing Corrupted files Via Commands
In some cases, Windows 10 keeps installing the same update again and again, which turns out to be corrupted files in your PC, and these following commands will check some of the paths and remove the corrupted files from there. You have to rename the software distribution folder, which may be causing updates for Windows 10 for x64-based systems not working.
Open Command Prompt by pressing Windows + R & type “cmd” in the dialogue box.
Type the below mentioned commands one by one.
- net stop wuausery
- net stop cryptSvc
- net stop bits
- net stop msiserver
- Ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
- Ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
- net start wuausery
- net start cryptSvc
- net start bits
- net start msiserver
Note: Do not copy and paste all the commands at a time, and this would be vulnerable if you do so. Try to enter them one by one.
3. Uninstall and Retry Update KB4023057
Sometimes an interrupt gets caused while updating Windows 10, so uninstalling and reinstalling the update kb4023057 may resolve the uninstall update 2018-11 update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems – error 0x80070643 problem.
Uninstall the kb4023057 update
- Tick on the Start button and open Settings.
- Now, you have to tick on Apps and Features.
- Search kb4023057 and uninstall kb4023057 update.
Now follow the steps given below to retry Windows updates
Retry the kb4023057 update
- Tick on the start button and open settings.
- Open update and security.
- Tick Retry updates after uninstalling the kb4023057 update.
If the problem you face persists, you can follow the next solution.
4. Updating Windows Defender Signature
Open Command Prompt by pressing Windows + R & type “cmd” in the dialogue box.
- The below-mentioned command is used to remove all the corrupted signatures in the PC.
%ProgramFiles%\WindowsDefender\MPCMDRUN.exe" -RemoveDefinitions -All
- This command is used to download Windows defender’s latest update signature, so you need to remove the Windows defender signature by using the upper command, and now the signature update will be installed by using the below-mentioned command on CMD.
"%ProgramFiles%\WindowsDefender\MPCMDRUN.exe" -SignatureUpdate -MMPC
5.Run the Troubleshooter
Windows troubleshooter might help you to solve your problem. Follow the steps below to run the troubleshooter.
- Search troubleshoot and open the troubleshooter.
- Tick on Windows update and run the troubleshooter.
It will detect any errors regarding Windows updates and try to solve them.
6. Check your Disk using the Command Prompt
- Open the CMD from the search box.
- Right-click on the CMD and run it as administrator.
- Type the chkdsk/F command and push Enter to execute it.
Note: You may get the error message "CHKDSK cannot open volume for direct access," but do not worry. You will get it fixed quickly.
7. Remove newly installed device on your computer
Right tick on the Windows symbol on the taskbar and choose “Applications and Features” to open all the new apps you have recently installed on your computer.
Choose the “Uninstall” button on all the recently downloaded apps to uninstall them and check whether you experienced the issue 2018-11 update for Windows 10 version 1803 for x64-based systems(kb4023057)- error 0x80070643 again.
8. Run Automatic Windows Repair
- Press Windows + I to explore the settings options and explore “Update and Security.”
- Select the recovery option and then tick the “Restart Now” button under the advanced startup.
- Tick Troubleshoot > Advanced Options.
- Choose the Automatic Repair and when it is finished, press Windows + E to open file explorer and go to “C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution.”
- Here, remove every file present in this folder.
9. Update via Microsoft Update Catalog
- Open the Properties of your Computer. Here, note the “System Type” under the System segment.
- Open the Microsoft Update Catalog from the browser and look for “kb4023057”.
- Find the correct version of your situation type and download and install it.
- Reboot your computer and continue to check for Windows updates.
10. Run Dism.exe Command
Dism.exe is a command-line tool that is used to support Windows images.
- From the Search box in the taskbar, type CMD.
- Open the command prompt as administrator.
- Type the accompanying command: dism.exe/ cleanup-picture/ restorehealth.
- This process will need some time, so be patient and let the computer do its job.
You can uninstall kb4023057 from your PC using the Add/Remove software highlight in the Control Panel.
The Windows 10 update directly results from the massive expansion of cyber attackers into systems. Microsoft could be considered guilty if they were aware of a problem and did not provide an update.
Windows 10 version 1803 users should see a download and install option in the update. After the feature update is downloaded, users are notified and then can select when to finish the install process and reboot the PC.
TechNinjaPro has gathered the ideal solution to fix the 2018-11 update for Windows 10 interpretation 1803 for x64-based systems(kb4023057) – error 0x80070643. TechNinjaPro trust that any of these techniques work efficiently for you to update your Windows PC.