- Delete Discord Files in local app data & AppData
- Whitelist Discord Installation Files In Antivirus Software
- Uninstall & Reinstall Discord
Delete Discord Files in local app data & AppData
- To begin, close Discord via the job Manager (right-click on the Taskbar and select’ Task Manager,’ now choose the Discord process and click on’ End Task’).
- Next, right-click on the Windows start menu icon in the bottom part left-hand corner of the computer.
- In the contextual menu that appears, select Run.
- In the little Run window in the bottom part left-hand corner, enter %appdata % into the empty area and click the Run button below.
- In the Windows Explorer window, which opens, find the folder called Discord. Right-click on the folder, and also click Delete within the contextual list.
- Go back to the Start menu and fill up’ Run’ once more.
- Type ‘%localappdata %’ in the area and also hit’ Run.’
- Get the’ Discord’ folder and delete as above by right-clicking on it and then selecting ‘Delete.’
- Relaunch the Discord setup file as well as stick to the actions offered through the process wizard.
Whitelist Discord Installation Files In Antivirus Software
A file that is often flagged as potentially unsafe by an antivirus program will be the discord_voice application-specific approximate recovery file. To avoid an overeager antivirus, we have to whitelist the documents it’s obtaining and also quarantining.
The procedure varies from software to application. Therefore we’re utilizing the ever-popular? And free? Avast antivirus for the benefit of supplying a concrete example.
- Open up Avast by right-clicking on the Avast icon within the method tray and choosing the “Open Avast pc user interface” from the list that shows up.
- When opened, click the Protection area among the choices running on the left of the Avast window.
- Click on Virus Chest on the perfect. Any quarantined files appear there.
- Locate any files related to Discord, very easily identifiable because they begin with discord_ or a comparable variant in many cases.
- Click on the 3 dots which look when hovering over the documents and select Restore and put the exception in the contextual list.
- Do this for every one of the data.
- Restart the Discord installation process.
- To make certain never to encounter any possible future problems or in case you have yet to add Discord, we have to include the folder that contains the Discord setup executable as being an exception in Avast. Doing this suggests the assembly process can do uninterrupted without every file getting suddenly sentenced to the Avast Virus Chest quarantine.
- Open up Avast as above.
- Just click on the Menu icon among the choices within the best right of the Avast window and select Settings in the drop-down list.
- Click the General segment over the left.
- Under General, select Exceptions from the choices on the left.
- Click Add Type and Exception in/browse to the place of the folder that contains the Discord installer.
- Click Add Exception.
- Launch the Discord setup executable.
Uninstall & Reinstall Discord
- To begin, right-click on the Windows Start menu icon and select’ Search’ from the drop-down menus.
- In the research area, type ‘Control Panel’ and then click the very first consequence of the same brand in the outcome field above.
- In the Control Panel, click the highlighted’ Uninstall a program ‘text located below the’ Programs’ icon.
- Find Discord among the list of applications, click it then click the ‘Uninstall’ button at the upper part of the list.
- Once uninstalled, right-click on the Start menu and select ‘Run.’
- Type ‘%appdata %’ and click ‘Run’.
- Locate the Discord folder and delete it.
- Open up ‘Run’ the moment more, hunt for ‘%localappdata %’ and delete the Discord folder.
- Go to the Discord site and also obtain the newest variant of the app here.
- Double-click on the downloaded executable file as well as stick to the actions on the process wizard.