Yes, image vectorization takes place when you are going to deal with artwork. The process of image vectorization is not simple in theory. Fortunately, thanks to some programs that allow you to do this swiftly and smartly on any photo. Even thanks to a tool like online PNG to SVG converter that takes no time to convert PNG to SVG vector image file format for you.
There are innumerable sources through which you can easily vectorize an image without any quality distortion. They will your minimal effort and you will get stunning vectorized photos without any effort. In this informative content, we are going to discuss different ways to tell how easily you can vectorize your image. But before exploring those ways let’s commence with some basics.
Why Use Vectors?
Vector graphic file is indicated as an image with separate elements, and even its sharing ends up being safer. Just because that vector graphics never lose quality and even becomes editable in specific graphic design applications. Adobe Illustrator and Corel Draw are referred to as the most useful program to create and edit vector image files. Bear in mind that vector files are mainly saved in AI, SVG, CDR, and EPS file formats.
Moreover, you can visit theonlineconverter.com to get the free PNG to SVG converter online, which lets you convert PNG to SVG vector according to different presets and provides you with 100% vectorization.
How to Vectorize an Image?
There are a couple of ways to vectorize an image – for ease, we are going to discuss the best ones. And, if you want to export PNG as an SVG vector file, then you just need to start with an online PNG to SVG converter.
Method 1: Image Trace
When your image is not too complex or your artwork doesn’t need to be the same, then this is referred to as the easiest way. You can fetch different tracing options that let you create different outcomes for your vector file.
Adobe Illustrator also works as a PNG to SVG converter that lets you turn PNG into SVG vector tracing within no time.
- First of all, you have to add the raster image in Adobe Illustrator and import the image.
When you choose the image, there you get the Image Trace Option under the given Properties > Quick Actions panel. But, there’s no need to make a click on it just yet
- Make an instant click on the Crop Image option and then crop your image to the size and even the area that you need to vectorize. Once done, make a click on Apply.
You can now be able to trace the image. Besides that, there is certain online PNG to SVG converter sites that lets you convert PNG to vector SVG file within no time.
- It’s time to make a click on the Image Trace and select an option for how you need to trace the image.
Remember that the closest look to the imported image that you will get is becoming in High Fidelity Photo. While Low Fidelity Photo provides you with a more cartoony look
If you need to create different outcomes for your vector artwork, feel free while using different other options there. Also, you could easily adjust some details settings from the Image Trace Panel. To turn PNG into SVG vector graphic file, ahead to an online PNG to SVG converter for your convenience
Now, make a hit on the small panel icon that is next to the tracing result. If your AI version does not come with this option, then simply open the panel from the overhead menu Window > Image Trace
Feel hassle-free to explore the other tracing options
- Finally, make a click on the Expand and you see that your image is vectorized.
Method 2: Pen Tool
You can now turn a raster image file into a simple outline, silhouette, or even fill it with your favourite colour and make it a vector graphic. And, if already you have PNG raster files and you are seeking how to convert them into vector SVGs, then navigate to the online PNG to SVG converter right now.
You can account the Pen Tool of Illustrator to vectorize your image:
- At first, you need to choose an image and lower the opacity to about 70%.
- Then, simply look at the image layer as you won’t move it suddenly since you work.
- Very next, you ought to create a new layer and use the pen tool to quickly draw/trace different parts of the image file. Then, start with choosing the Pen Tool from the given toolbox, select a stroke colour, and simply change the Fill to None.
Pro tips: it’s best to use different strokes colours for different colour areas and even lock each path individually when you finish closing the path. Experts recommended choosing the bright stroke colour as it lets you see the path that you’re working on
Now., you can be able to unlock the paths and colour the particular image.
- Finally, you have to use the Eyedropper Tool (I) to swiftly sample colours from the original image and apply them to the vector graphic file.
If the illustrator presets are your choice for vector images, then upload image png image file format into an online PNG to SVG converter and let its convert png to SVG vector file illustrator.
- Make a click on the “File” and then choose “Open” and select the image that you want to vectorize in Photoshop.
- The best approach is to simply cut the path that needs to convert to a vector when you open the image file. For these concerns, you need to use the “Magnetic Lasso” tool or even the “Pen Tool” that lets you make a precise cut. And if contain a PNG raster file and you entirely need to convert it into SVG vector format, then an ideal option is to use PNG to SVG converter.
- Next, you need to outline the full image with the details that you require to appear in the particular vector image. Once you are finished with the outline, you need to hit the “Enter” from your keyboard to quickly create a dotted selection.
- Then, on the top toolbar, you need to make a click on the “Window” and choose “Paths”.
- On the given side of the editor, a tab will open. Just simply enter the “Paths” menu and choose “Create a new Work Path”.
- Right after, you can see that the selected area will entirely be restricted to be worked as vector artwork.
- Now, you ought to simply export to illustrator, go to “File,” “Export,” and choose the “Paths to Illustrator”.
- When you open illustrator, here the stitches are just great for vector tracing, even you get the perfect line quality and much more, finally save your new vector.