If you are landing on this page then either you are a web developer, or you want to be one. HTML (Hypertext markup language) is the primary language that you have to handle while coding for the website. And the tool you are working on must have a sound interference with the best features in there to help you while coding. Because at the end of the day, it is the canvas that allows the artist to draw his imaginations on that.
In this article, we will cover the best HTML editor for you, but you have to choose your canvas on your own.
What is an HTML editor?
There are several tools for coding like a text editor, code editors, and HTML editor, so let me clear your confusion that what is an HTML editor. The text editor and HTML editor are very much the same in functionality and interference, and you can see the list of the best text editors to get an idea about the difference. While the HTML editors are a little bit advanced type of editors in which you can get the features like autocompletion, syntax highlighting and inserting common HTML elements, etc.
HTML is an essential tool to edit the source code efficiently. And most of the developers use these for maintaining and modifying their website code.
Reasons for Using HTML Editor
Because of the following reasons, you should use an HTML editor.
- It can be used by any beginner level coder or a hard-core developer.
- A good HTML editor gives you the best experience while designing your website.
- HTML editors help you to remove the errors in your code, so you don’t have to read all the code to find the errors.
- It helps you to enter the code brackets if you miss while writing the code.
Types of HTML Editors
Two types of HTML editors can help you to choose the HTML editor from the list.
1. The Textual HTML Editor:
As the name suggests, it is a simple textual editor, in which you can edit the code in the form of text. But you should have excellent knowledge of code to understand and write the code. You can’t see a live preview of the website while using a textual HTML editor.
With a textual HTML editor, you can code more advanced features on your website, but you should have a good knowledge of coding for that.
2. WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) Editor:
This is a kind of HTML editor that is easier to operate for the person who is not very good at coding. It gives you a live preview of what you are coding. So it is easy to make a start using a WYSIWYG HTML editor.
Most of the old school coders, you get the drag and drop facility while managing your website design with WYSIWYG editor. Thus this helps you to sharpen your creativity better.
Best HTML Editors 2019
After reading the perks and types of an HTML editor, now you can easily choose from the list below that what is the best HTML editor for you. The file contains all of the best HTML editors from toddler to the advanced level. All the editors have the same basic functionality, but in the case of user interference and performance, all are different.
Here is the list of best and latest HTML editors 2019:
- Notepad ++
- Microsoft Visual Software Community
- CoffeeCup Free HTML Editor
- Adobe Dreamweaver CC
- Sublime Text
The first member of our list is very much a beginner-friendly and most preferable it is one of the latest HTML editors. You get the seamless experience as it uses a rendering engine Gecko that is used by the Firefox. If you are new to coding, this is the only HTML editor that we will recommend to you. The reason is the visual representations and drag and drop facility that helps to achieve that best out of it.
You can do, design, template, and thumbnails management in just one click. This is one of its premium features.
- It is beginner-friendly and easy to use.
- It gives the best visual representations, thus helps in developing the website efficiently.
- It is cheap. All the features are available for free. You have to purchase a one time license.
- Its performance is pretty high, but sometimes it faces some lag because of heavy load.
- BlueGriffon is a perfect WYSIWYG editor that helps you to create a more wonderful website on your own.
- It comes with a lot of options; if you are an expert coder, then you are going to love it.
- It supports cross-platform. You can use it on any platform, including Windows, Linux, and Mac.
We have also mentioned this editor in the list of best text editors because it can be used as both. Being a modified form of notepad, it is a perfect text editor. Moreover, because of the advanced features, it is also an HTML editor.
- Notepad++ uses the syntax highlighting and folding, supports scripting and markup languages.
- Extremely simple and user-friendly interference.
- Free to download and use.
- This HTML editor is based on WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get), and programmers know it better.
- It also supports several other formats to save your documents like TXT, AU3, BASH, BAT, CSS, ASM, REG, HPP, CC, DIFF, VBS.
- You don’t have to worry about saving the document as this editor saves the text on its own. So the next time you open the Notepad++ app, you can resume your work.
- Notepad++ supports more than 140 plugins to extend its abilities.
- You can add more plugins, and you can also build your plugins.
3. Microsoft Visual Software Community
Microsoft Visual Studio Community is the most advanced form of HTML editor, and the tech giant Microsoft builds it. It is an excellent tool for the developers and also for the programers. It is a visual IDE; thus, programmers and web developers can use them at the same time to build web applications and mobile applications.
If you are a beginner, this software can give you some difficult times as this is very advanced and professional level software that is not that easy to understand. But for professional and enterprise users, it is one of a kind.
- It has a big community, so it is easy to get support and solutions for any issues.
- Microsoft sends regular updates for Microsoft Visual Studio. Thus it remains updated for the new features.
- It supports almost all of the programming languages. Thus it is a single package having all the powers for coding.
- It is the best HTML editor in terms of performance and features.
- It has User-friendly interference.
Microsoft Visual Studio comes with a lot of programming features, but many features cost a significant amount of money. Moreover, it consumes a lot of system memory, so you must have a good computer to run this program.
4. CoffeeCup Free HTML Editor
If you can pay for the full version, then CoffeeCup HTML editor comes full-featured WYSIWYG version, but if you want to use a free version of CoffeeCup HTML editor, then it comes with a basic textual version.
It is one of the new HTML editors that has some fancy interference, and new coders usually like such tools for coding. So if you are looking for an excellent visual editor, then you can use CoffeeCup HTML editor.
- It is fully compatible with both Windows and Mac OS devices.
- It has all the premium features like auto-completion that complete the sentence automatically once you type a tag.
- You can split the screen while coding for a live preview. But this feature works in premium version only.
- You don’t have to read your complete code to remove the error, and it comes with a feature of Validation. By using thing tool, you can check all the pages of your code to find out the errors.
We have also mentioned Atom as a Text editor in our article. But because of the advanced features, it also qualifies for one of the best HTML editors. It is an open-source project that has a great community of many devoted developers. Because of the great community, it gets the best support thus used widely all over the world. Well, GitHub community is always onto such projects.
You can also modify the original software by installing packages for different functions. For example, packages are available for various themes, and languages support, etc.
- It is unique, both in functions and looks. Shortcuts help to edit and add code faster.
- It supports file/folder drag and drop facility; thus, it makes it easier to edit them.
- Switch between the tabs and even windows feature takes the user experience to another level.
- You can make changes to all the opened pages simultaneously.
- As it is made for developers, it supports almost all the developing languages like C++, HTML, Java, PHP, JSON, etc.
- It is an open-source project, thus have fantastic support from the GitHub team.
6. Adobe Dreamweaver CC
Here comes another giant in our list. Adobe Dreamweaver CC is one of the most famous and influential HTML editors made by the well-known company Adobe. It works great for both front-end and back-end development. It comes with a lot of plugins and premium features that you can not have with any other HTML editor.
Using Dreamweaver, you can quickly develop the responsive sites, and you can also edit the website code using the code editor in Dreamweaver or the visual editor.
- It has the full support by the Adobe, and it receives regular updates.
- It has incredible visualizations that help you edit the code.
- It comes with the split-screen feature so that you can split the screen to see the code and the website side by side. This is a beneficial feature for the beginner.
- It helps to make a web page according to the WCAG by confirming the code and page accessibility.
- It has its libraries for the graphics, colors, fonts, and much more.
- It is compatible with Mac OS and Windows.
7. Sublime Text
This is also known as the best text editor tool. But there is no doubt, because of its feature, it easily qualifies for the best HTML editor too. It comes with a free trial version, but the full version costs a one time $80, then you can use it on as many devices as you want. But the free version is enough for beginners.
The best thing about Sublime text is its performance, without any meaningful use of the resources. Because of its simplicity, the sublime text is one of the best selling HTML editors from many years. Not only that, but it has also received a lot of positive feedback from the users.
- It has all the premium features, including multi-window editing, cross-platform editing, and Python API.
- Using Python API, you can integrate Sublime text into your plugins or any other third-party plugins to make things according to your will.
- It is very user-friendly, and you will get addicted to its user interference.
- It has dozens of shortcuts that make the work more comfortable and you can do code with fun.
- Customization options for sublime text are more than amazing. You can modify almost all the software according to your will.
Here is the list of best and latest HTML editors 2019:
● Notepad ++
● Microsoft Visual Software Community
● CoffeeCup Free HTML Editor
● Adobe Dreamweaver CC
● Sublime Text
There are a lot of HTML editor available online. Best HTML editors for beginners are:
● Notepad ++
● Adobe Dreamweaver CC
● Sublime Text
No, windows has only basic Notepad, but you can use various Free HTML editors like Notepad++, sublime text and Atom.
The ball is in your court now. We have explained the best HTML editors in this article, with their perks and cons, now you have to select what is best for you. Set your priorities and choose the best HTML editor that suits your style and meets your needs. If you are a beginner, then Bluegriffon and Adobe Dreamweaver CC are best for you. But if you are pro enough than, Microsoft Visual Studio and Notepad++ are there for you to put your skills into creativity.