Google Chrome is the most used browser among Windows users. If you use Chrome frequently, you’re probably aware that it’s a valuable and popular tool. But unfortunately, these issues can completely degrade the user experience because it is so widely used.
In this blog, TechNinjaPro will address the most commonly appearing error. Allow Google Chrome to Access the Network in your Firewall or Antivirus Settings. This error appears with any of the error codes:
What Results In this Chrome Error?
Microsoft offers two built-in services in all windows, one Windows Firewall and the other one is Windows Defender. Windows Firewall is a default security program that comes with Windows 10, and Windows Firewall is designed to keep your PC safe by preventing potentially malicious apps or activities.
You can customize Windows Firewall’s settings to meet your security needs. However, settings can sometimes be set up incorrectly, resulting in blocking innocent programs.
Windows Defender is a preinstalled antivirus software by Microsoft. In addition, you can download and use other third-party anti-malware software on your computer. Third-party antivirus programs that may create similar issues can be Avast, Malwarebytes, Bitdefender, McAfee, and Kaspersky.
Windows Defender is designed to keep harmful software and spyware away from your PC. Windows Defender is a complete antivirus solution that offers a solid free option compared to other commercial antivirus software. Unfortunately, Windows Defender may also obstruct the regular operation of programs such as Chrome.
The procedures for fixing connection errors with Google Chrome and the programs indicated above are listed below.
How To Fix The Allow Chrome to Access The Network Firewall Error?
The reasons that cause this chrome error on any windows computer may vary in each case.
The fixes given below include adding an exception to your computer’s antivirus program or the Windows firewall.
1. Add Exception for Chrome to Windows Firewall
You must be familiar with the bit of dinosaur game on Google Chrome. This game appears when it gives the No internet. Further in the article, you will know how to solve it.
First, make sure that Windows Firewall hasn’t started blocking Chrome from talking with the internet. If that’s the case, you’ll need to add it to the list of exceptions.
- Search Control Panel in the Start Menu, and open the program.
- Select System and Security from the Control Panel menu.
- Click Windows Defender Firewall from the list.
- Then, on the left-hand side of this new window, Allow a program or feature to be protected by Windows Defender Firewall.
- Select Yes when prompted to approve changes to the computer by clicking the Change Settings button.
- Allow another app to run.
- Select Browse in the Add an app window.
- Select both the Private and Public boxes when you click Add.
- Ensure that OK is selected. You can now restart Google Chrome to see if it connects to the internet.
2. Add Chrome to the Exclusion list of Windows Defender.
To regain access to Google Chrome, you may need to create an exclusion to Windows Defender. Follow the steps below to get started:
- Search for Windows Security in the Start menu, then open the program.
- Choose Virus and Threat Protection from the Security at a Glance menu.
- Select Virus & Threat Protection Settings, and then Yes when prompted to approve changes to the device.
- Scroll down until you see the Exclusions under Manage options.
- Pick Add or remove exclusions from the menu.
- Click Folder from the Add an Exclusion window.
- You should type C:\Program Files (x86)\Google, then choose the Chrome folder and click Select Folder.
After the procedure, Restart your computer and check to see if the chrome is working fine.
3. Add Exclusion for Chrome to Bitdefender
Bitdefender Labs invests heavily in research and development, detects 400 new threats every minute, and validates 30 billion threat queries every day.
Its technology is licensed by around 150 world’s most recognizable technology businesses, and it has pioneered breakthrough advances in antimalware software, IoT security, behavioural analytics, and artificial intelligence.
Bitdefender, founded in 2001, has customers in 170 countries and offices worldwide.
Bitdefender may mistakenly label safe and legitimate websites as harmful, resulting in blocking. You’ll need to add an exception for websites that are being blocked, but first, make sure the domain name is valid, and the website is completely safe.
Follow the steps given below to get started with Bitdefender:
- Bitdefender can be launched from a desktop icon, the Start button’s search feature, or the system tray.
- On the left-hand side, click the Protection button.
- Locate ONLINE THREAT PREVENTION and select Settings under that.
- Then click on Manage Exceptions, followed by + Add an Exception.
- Enter the complete website URL or IP address and double-check it.
- Turn on Online Threat Protection.
- Save your modifications and open Chrome to see if the previously prohibited websites are now accessible.
4. Add Chrome to the Exclusion list of Malwarebytes
Malwarebytes is a cybersecurity solution for small businesses that includes malware detection and repair tools. In addition, it blocks harmful websites, prevents ransomware, protects against exploitation, and responds to incidents.
Malwarebytes can, unfortunately, sometimes start restricting access to online pages in Chrome. You can resolve this problem by adding Google Chrome to Malwarebytes’ Allow List. Then, follow the steps to Malwarebytes from blocking Chrome:
- Malwarebytes can be accessed via a desktop icon, the Start button search feature, or the system tray.
- Locate the Settings Gear icon and click it.
- To open the Add an Item to your Allow list window, go to the Allow List tab and click the Add button.
- Open Allow a file or folder.
- You will need to locate the Chrome folder to add it to the Allow List.
- Restart Chrome and try to view any web pages that have been banned.
In the article, TechNinjaPro has tried to address the issue in the best possible way. However, if none of the fixes works, the issue may be with the Google chrome program instead of Firewall or Antivirus. Chrome, Therefore, chrome to be updated or reinstalled instead.
Disabling any Chrome extension may also be beneficial. For example, if your antivirus program is listed above, you should have been able to follow along and restore Google Chrome’s internet access.