You may be famous in your friends how much tech-savvy you are, but imagine you are typing a document in MS word in front of your friends and you don’t even know how to type a degree sign like this degreeº. It is quite easy, but the problem is, there is a different method on every platform. And on every device, the platform, the keyboard is different. And if you decide to search for it in symbols, you don’t know the code as by searching for the degree you get °C sign, not the degree sign alone.
So no matter what platform you are using, you will get the easy and straightforward method to put a degree sign in your documents.
- How to Type Degree Sign in MS Word on Windows?
- How to Type Degree Sign in MS Word on MAC?
- How to Type Degree Sign in MS Word on Android?
How to Type Degree Sign in MS Word on Windows?
There are multiple methods to put degree sign in Microsoft word on windows. You can add manually, or you can use the keyboard shortcut.
1. Add Manually:
- Put your cursor on the place where you want to put the degree sign, on the top menu bar click on the insert section.
- Now in the insert tab, at the most right there is a symbol icon, click on that.
- When you click on this, a drop-down menu will open, click on more symbols.
- A new tab will open with a lot of options and symbols.
- Click on the right drop-down menu and select the Latin-1 Supplement.
- Now choose the symbol named degree sign as shown in the image.
- Click on insert and the degree symbol will be typed where there is a cursor
2. How to Type Degree Symbol Using the Character Map
If you are using Windows, it will be easy for you to copy the degree sign from the character map and paste it in the document you want to place. Here is the procedure to do it in the right way.
- First of all, download the Character map app from the internet, or you can directly download from the Microsoft store.
- After downloading, install the app, open it.
- You will see a box similar to the symbol box of MS word.
- Click on Advanced checkbox, and now you will see a search box.
- Search for the “degree symbol” in the search bar and click on the degree icon.
- Now copy the symbol and paste in the required place.
3. How to Type Degree Symbol Using Shortcut
You can also type degree symbol on your Windows PC using a keyboard shortcut, but this Shortcut is not that easy or straightforward as the regular windows shortcuts.
You can type degree symbol using two shortcuts.
- Hold Alt + 0176 — Release to type degree symbol.
- Hold Alt + 248 — Release to type degree symbol.
How to Type Degree Sign in MS Word on MAC?
Don’t get humiliated if you are using Mac and everywhere on the internet they are talking about typing degree symbol in windows. In this article, you will get to know how to type degree symbol in Mac.
1. Insert Degree Symbol Manually
You can add degree symbol manually in Mac word. For that, the method is pretty much similar to the windows method.
- Go to the Insert tab and select the symbol icon.
- Now you can see the more symbols.
- Here you can search for the degree symbol.
2. Insert Degree Symbol by Shortcut
Windows is famous for its shortcuts, but Mac also offers pretty much every Shortcut for good typing experience. Here are the shortcuts to type the degree symbol in Mac.
- Press option + shift + 8
- Press options + K
Both of the above shortcuts work in pretty much every Mac device. Make sure to place the cursor next to the word on which you have to put the degree symbol.
How to Type Degree Sign in MS Word on Android?
Not all users use computers to type any documents, and android phones nowadays are handy and more potent than most of the old machines. So in any case, if you are typing a document on your Android phone, you may face difficulty while searching for the degree symbol.
Now the problem is that your android phone may have a different type of keyboard and you may get confused, but the general process is the same. Get the idea and type degree symbol using android.
- Open your document and enter in edit mode.
- Now click on the (123) button, not 1, 2 and 3 buttons. See in the picture below.
- After tapping on the? 123 buttons a new set of keys will appear.
- Now Tap on =/<button.
- Here you can find the degree symbol.
- Tap on it, and you are done typing the degree symbol.
So here are all the methods and shortcuts for typing the degree symbol. No matter what device you are using, you can easily use the Shortcut to type the degree symbol.