Android is usually known as the open-source project, most of the things in the Android phone are pretty customizable even you can customize the home page in a web browser with a single command and that is content://com.android.browser.home/
There are several methods to do this customization. Following are the handiest methods to do this.
- Change using the general settings
- Customise using content://com.android.browser.home/
- How to set the Homepage in Chrome?
- Which URL is suitable for default Homepage?
What is content://com.android.browser.home/ ?
Well, this is a code that defines the default page of the android browser. If you enter this in the URL bar of your Android browser, it will open up the settings to reset or customize your browser’s Homepage.
You should keep in mind that this method does not work for chrome or firefox browser. Your browser should be default Android browser, usually named as Internet or Browser.
Change using the general settings
Follow the steps to do this.
- Open the browser app on your Android. Make sure that the browser is the stock internet or browser app. This method does not work for Google Chrome or Firefox browser.
- After opening the browser app, go to the menu. You can access the list by tapping the three dots or lines on the top right corner of your browser (depends on your phone).
- Here you can do pretty much every customization. Scroll down and look for more settings.
- Now go to the Homepage settings. Here you can type your desired URL, that you want to be opened on opening the browser.
- Click okay and save.
Customise using content://com.android.browser.home/
This method is also for only the stock Android browser. But this is very simple and a two-click process.
Here are the steps to follow.
- First of all, open the stock Android browser. (not chrome)
- Now close the tabs, if any of them is open.
- On the top, in the URL bar type “content://com.android.browser.home/” and hit enter.
- This will directly take you to the default homepage settings.
- In the settings, enter the custom URL and hit save.
- Congratulations! You are done.
How to set the Homepage in Chrome?
The procedure of setting the Homepage in chrome is pretty much similar to the 1st method.
Here are the steps you should follow.
- Open the chrome browser in your android phone.
- Click on the list button, as shown in the image below.
- In the menu, scroll down and click on settings.
- In the setting, scroll down and select Homepage.
- When you enter these settings, you will see an option “on this page,” select this.
- You will get a blank box. Enter the desired Url in the box.
Which URL is suitable for the default Homepage?
Well, you are the only one who can answer this question. The things that should be considered while choosing the default home page include your interest, and it can be highly related to the type of work or job.
Most of the people prefer to make the Google search page as the default homepage, but I don’t like that; actually, that doesn’t make any sense to me. Because we have a google search bar on our home screen in Android, then why the same on the browser too.
I preferably like to set my favorite news page as the android browser home.
Again, that all depends on you. If you are a traveler, maybe you like to set the traveling plans and your flight timings as your android browser homepage.
Content://com.android.browser.home/ is the easy way to customize the android browser home page. You have to enter that into the URL bar, and you will get the settings for customizing the android browser home page. And if you are using the Chrome browser for Android, then the best solution is also mentioned above with the possible steps.