It must have been more than a few times you have forgotten the password for your laptop. Well, it happens. It happens to you and a massive number of people all over the globe. It is a huge issue that cannot be log into your device again after you lost your password.
You may think that fixing a Windows account is scarier and far challenging to fix. But it is not an impossible or so difficult task. There are a few genuine solutions available. So, if you want to recover Lenovo’s laptop password, we suggest checking out the article below.
- Method 1: Recover Forgotten Lenovo Laptop Password with Software
- Method 2: Recover Forgotten Lenovo Laptop Password without Software from Safe Mode’
- Method 3: Recover Forgotten Lenovo Laptop Password without Software Online
Method 1: Recover Forgotten Lenovo Laptop Password with Software
This very first procedure includes using professional software to recover a Lenovo laptop password.
There are other ways you can recover or reset the password but using a professional tool is simple and most effective of all. This is the reason we have recommended this procedure in the beginning. Now, there are several Windows password reset tools available on the market, but we prefer this Windows Password Reset tool.
It is one of the best tools in the market. It works really well. Easy to use, hassle-free and works will all the version of Windows OS. It is one of the top professional tools available. Let” check out the key feature of the Windows Password Reset.
- It can reset the local admin password and regular user password for all the Windows OS versions, including the latest Windows 10 or the old Windows XP.
- You will be able to reset the Domain Administration account password for Windows Server.
- Resetting the Microsoft account is also possible.
- You can also create a new Admin account.
There are more features available that can be of use to you. But if you want to check its operation, then follow the steps below.
Create the Password Reset Disk
- Step #1: Install the program on a different laptop or a computer.
- Step #2: Now, run the program and click on ”USB Device” to create a password reset disk.
- Step #3: Now, connect an empty USB disk to the computer and click on ”Begin Burning”
- Step #4: Now, you just have to wait for a minute or 2, and the password reset disk will be created.
Recover the Password
- Step #1: Now, connect the USB drive to the locked computer and reboot it by pressing the boot menu key a few times.
- Step #2: When the laptop is rebooting, access the Boot menu and make the laptop boot from the password reset disk.
- Step #3: Now, wait for the program to load. On the Windows Password Reset interface, choose the Windows OS you are using.
- Step #4: After that, choose a user and then click on the “Reset” button below.
- Step #5: After the reset is complete, you have to click on the ‘Reboot‘ button to reboot the computer. Following, there is a window to prompt you to take out the disk before click ‘Yes‘ to restart.
This is the easiest and the most effective way to reset the password for your Lenovo laptop or desktop. You don’t need to enter any code or commands that you are not familiar with to use and help solve the issue and don’t need any other previous preparation. Though it needs to be paid, you could pick one from a few very priced and functioned editions per your need. And there are other ways where you don’t have to use a paid professional tool. You can check out those other methods below.
Method 2: Recover Forgotten Lenovo Laptop Password without Software from Safe Mode’
If you want to reset Windows password without using any software, you can quickly recover Lenovo laptop password in safe mode. This is a particular procedure, but not a lot of people know about it. This procedure uses a hidden Administration account.
This particular Administration account comes built-in with Windows OS. Even if you don’t have the installation or password reset disk, you can still activate this Administration account in safe mode.
The safe mode on Windows OS can fix several software issues, and it indeed can reset your forgotten Windows password. You need to know the procedure to do it. So, check out the steps of how to reset password on lenovo laptop without disk below.
- Step #1: Run your Windows 7 laptop and while it is starring, continue tapping the F8 key.
- Step #2: The Advanced Boot Options screen will appear on the screen. Choose the ‘Safe Mode with Command Prompt‘ option. Hit ‘Enter.’
- Step #3: You will enter the Safe Mode. The hidden Administrator account will not be hidden anymore; it will be displayed on the screen. Now, you have to log in using this account and open Command Prompt.
- Step #4: In the Command Prompt panel, you need to type the following command… ‘net user _name new_password.‘ After typing this command, hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Step #5: After executing this command, restart your computer.
After the laptop restarts, you will be able to login using the new password. But this procedure is only applicable if you are operating your Lenovo laptop with Windows 7. If you are using Windows 10, then the process will be slightly different. Check it out below.
- Step #1: On the login page, hold the ‘Shift‘ key. Click on ‘Power’ and then select ‘Restart.’
- Step #2: A new screen will appear with several options. Select ‘Troubleshoot.’ Navigate to the ‘Advanced Options‘ and then click on ‘Startup Settings‘ and then select ‘Restart.’
- Step #3: A reboot will be initiated, and upon rebooting the laptop, hit ‘4‘ or ‘F4‘ to enter ‘Safe Mode.’
- Step #4: You will see the new Admin account login screen. Click on it and open the Command Prompt. In the Command Prompt panel, please type the following command and execute it.
‘net user [user] [new password]’
After executing the command, you will have successfully broken the Windows 10 password. Now, you will be able to log in to your locked laptop or computer with the new password.
Method 3: Recover Forgotten Lenovo Laptop Password without Software Online
You will also be able to recover Lenovo laptop password using your Microsoft account. Having a Microsoft account can be beneficial to you as you can use it to reset your Windows 10/8.1/8 account. Still, it is not suitable for the other Windows OS because these old OS don’t have the option to log in with Microsoft account.
The Microsoft account procedure uses a simple, hassle-free process. Let’s check it out on how to proceed with a password reset.
- Step #1: Visit login.live.com from a different accessible computer.
- Step #2: Now, try to sign in with your Microsoft account and password.
- Step #3: If you cannot get in, proceed with resetting your Microsoft account password.
- Step #4: You have to confirm your identity, and after that, the page will guide you through the procedure. Just follow to receive the security code and enter it to prove you are the Microsoft account owner, then you can reset the password of your Microsoft account.
Once the procedure is complete, you will be able to login to your Windows account with Microsoft account, which you just set the new password successfully. But noticed that you need to confirm the network is workable while login or you will access your laptop Windows account successfully.
Therefore, do not panic if you have lost the password for your Windows account. Recovery methods are available; they are comfortable and hassle-free. If you are again using a professional tool, you can use the Safe Mode with Command Prompt procedure. It is useful but only eligible for Windows 7.
Otherwise, you have the Microsoft account procedure. You will be able to reset the password online. But to execute this procedure, you have to have a Microsoft account. So, even if you are not willing to use a paid tool but it can’t be denied that using the Windows Password Reset is the safest and the most effective procedure that applies to all the versions of Windows OS for password recovery.