What Is Discord Streamer Mode? You are familiar with Discord and its overgrown popularity with time.
The initial target of making a platform like Discord was to allow the gamers to communicate online with each other during their online gaming sessions. Similar to everything virtual, Discord grew into something much bigger.
With the installments like TeamSpeak, Skype, and IRC, Discord became a huge social platform with over 140 million users worldwide. As their community is growing, they are introducing and developing new features to make the experience more addictive and smooth. Their latest release was “Discord Streamer Mode”.
- Online Streaming/Live Streaming
- What is Discord Streamer Mode?
- Discord Streamer Mode – Features
- Enable Discord Streamer Mode
Online Streaming/Live Streaming
In the past, we didn’t have platforms like YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Snapchat, and Twitch. So, becoming a content creator was a tough thing to achieve. You had to have a website to start with and upload your content over there. No matter what anyone says, this approach didn’t fill everyone’s cup of tea.
Although with time all of these platforms came into existence and publishing your content online didn’t seem to be as much difficult as it was in the past. You can become a content creator, influencer, or even a celebrity if you want to. You are just a few clicks away and let the platform take care of the rest.
This gave the need to manage the privacy of the content creators and thus the privacy factors came into play. Similar to all of the other platforms, Discord did the same for the protection of streamers’ data during online streaming.
Let’s look into Discord’s latest feature i.e. Discord Streamer Mode and see how we can use it, enable it, and what are portions of data it covers during online streaming.
What is Discord Streamer Mode?
Streaming is all about showing and projecting your monitor’s display to millions of people online. All of the audience on your streaming platform can see everything that pops up on your screen. All of your private messages, friends calls, notifications, etc can be seen by the public.
You are not just streaming your favourite Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA), you are also putting everything on a Public platform. Some of the online streamers met with hate and manipulations once their private information projected on their screen during their streaming session. Here’s a video of even PewDiePie blowing up during online streaming as per this issue:
The reason that all of the platforms like Facebook or YouTube allow us to customize our privacy settings is that they don’t want our data to get leaked. Data is power in this modern age and it can be used to destroy anyone’s life.
The same thing is required for Online Streamers, and this is the reason Discord introduced Discord Streamer Mode.
Discord Streamers Mode is like a safety bubble. You can get in and out of this bubble without breaking your stream or revealing any kind of personal information.
It will help you in:
- Blocking Popups
- Blocking Private Messages
- Blocking Notifications
- Blocking Invitations
- Even your Discord Server’s Personal Information while tweaking your settings
Discord Streamer Mode – Features
Once you are living and are streaming online on Discord, what are the features that Discord Streamer Mode will deliver to make the experience better and protect my data?
To answer your questions, let’s look in detail at what Discord Streamer Mode has to offer:
- Notifications: All kinds of notifications and pop-ups are going to be blocked and Discord Streamer Mode will suppress all of those private notes that you do not want to share with your audience.
- Invitation Links: All of the invitation notes have invitation links or invitation codes on them. If you are streaming and any of the invitation notifications gets popped up during live streaming then any one of the audience members can steal that invitation code from you and thus causing damage. Discord Streaming Mode allows you to hide your invitation codes and helps you in maintaining your privacy.
- Client Sounds: From the settings portal of Discord Streaming Mode, you can mute the client sounds of Discord clients, message notifications, users who are entering the Discord Channel, and all of the sounds that can happen and disrupt your live streaming session will be muted.
- Personal Information: If you are going to use Discord Streamer Mode, all of your emails, connected accounts, numbers, passwords, files, etc. will be protected.
Enable Discord Streamer Mode
Since now we are very much familiar with the overall layout of the Discord Streamer Mode and what it is capable of, let’s look into the enabling procedure of this Streamer Mode so we can hook you up with the privacy of your data while streaming online.
- Step 1 – Incorporate Discord With Any Streaming Application
- Step 2 – Enable Your Streaming Application
- Step 3 – Enable the Discord Streamer Mode
Step # 1 – Incorporate Discord With Any Streaming Application
To get the Discord Streamer Mode going, you need to initially incorporate or integrate any of your chosen streaming application/software with Discord.
You can do this by following the below-mentioned steps one by one:
- Open your Discord and go to the User Settings Menu.
- On the left-hand side, you’ll see a Connections tab. Click on it.
- Now go on to the Server Settings section.
- Press the Integrations menu.
- There you’ll have the liberty to choose a streaming platform you want to incorporate with your Discord account.
- Lastly, click on the Sync checkbox found next to the chosen platform.
Step # 2 – Enable Your Streaming Application
The two most famous Streaming Applications or Softwares available in the market nowadays are Xsplit or OBS (Open Broadcasting Software). These are free software (freeware) and are called Streaming Kits. These Streaming Kits will integrate effortlessly with Discord.
Both of these Streaming Applications will allow you to customize your streaming settings and you can make the voice and chat settings following your requirement.
So, when you’ll download and install any of these Streaming Softwares, you will be asked to give them access to your Discord account. If you approve their request, this software will automatically incorporate themselves with your Discord account. From there you can move on to customize the overlay in a manner you want to.
Step # 3 – Enable the Discord Streamer Mode
Now that you have your Discord completely integrated and incorporated with a Streaming Application, let’s move on to enabling the Discord Streamer Mode for added protection of your precious data.
Here’s how you can do this:
- Locate the User Settings Mode in Discord.
- Now find the Streamer Mode Tab.
- Finally, check the box next to Enable Streamer Mode option you can see in the Streamer Mode Section.
This will Enable you Discord Streamer Mode.
One of the things that caught our eye is the ‘Keybinds Settings’ option. What you can do with this is that you can set a toggle button on your keyboard for the enabling or disabling of Discord Streamer Mode.
We all are human beings and all of us don’t like people poking their nose into matters that do not relate to them. Our data is everything for us.
Modern days require us to keep our data online and deal with people via our online network. So, naturally, all of this requires protection from people who might use it to damage our life.
Live Streamers suffer the most out of the fear of having their information leaked. They do not want millions of people getting their hands on a Streamer’s personal information.